Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:10 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times

Advertisements

you two are a hoot! And annerk is a stalker to boot....

Yes it was dated over a year ago, I am very well employed thank you. And my credibility is just fine. I don't look to the internet for credibility or a life such as the likes of yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
I'm a stalker because I took a minute to look at some of your previous posts? Talk about a "hoot"!

I guess I'd rather be labeled a stalker than a bitter liar who is angry at the world.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm a stalker because I took a minute to look at some of your previous posts? Talk about a "hoot"!

I guess I'd rather be labeled a stalker than a bitter liar who is angry at the world.

Stalking will get your ass in trouble. You just remember that. One thing you best remember is you never know who is sitting on the opposite end of a computer screen.

I don't lie have no need too and not angry at all.
Get a life, if you have so much as you claim to you wouldn't be stalking people on the internet, which is exactly what you are doing.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
You obviously have zero idea what the legal definition of stalking is.

It's not stalking when one is simply reading things people post in public places for people to read. Remember that. Don't try to scare me with your idle threats. That right along with your bitterness completely erode any shred of credibility you might otherwise have.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
They offer no more than what an individual can do on their own. .
This IS the real world and this IS the whole idea!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Stalking will get your ass in trouble. You just remember that. One thing you best remember is you never know who is sitting on the opposite end of a computer screen.

I don't lie have no need too and not angry at all.
Get a life, if you have so much as you claim to you wouldn't be stalking people on the internet, which is exactly what you are doing.
Chromekitty, not only are you warped, but I think you're quite young and not the brightest bulb on the tree. Get a grip. Wow! Someone needs a reality check and that would be YOU! Also, learn the proper use of commas, if you expect to be employable. No wonder you and yours expect others to do it for you! And it is to, not too. Go back to English 101.

Last edited by movin'on; 08-05-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 AM

Duplicate post.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:45 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,666 times
Well call me a fool but I actually just took the time to read the bulk of this thread. For the most part, I agree with everybody and see both sides.

1. I have been researching IT careers for a while now. Here is my gist. The industry is necessary and is here to stay. It does have jobs. There are a lot of big, serious downsides to working in IT. Outsourcing is indeed a very, very serious problem for IT workers in the USA. Probably not so bad that everyone should strike IT off their prospective careers list forever.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NAYSAYERS, Annerk, Stan4, hnrbq et. al.:

1. Higher ed institutions in the US exist to make money and support their own bureaucracies, for the most part. It's a racket which has a corollary function of (barely) educating some people. WHEN ARE THESE CORRUPT, GREEDY, SELF-SERVING OVER-PROMISING & UNDER-DELIVERING HIGHER ED INSTITUTIONS GOING TO BE HELD TO ACCOUNT BY OUR GOV'T AND ELECTED REPS??

2. If college is a joke and a sham for everybody except those in Ivy League schools, it costs $100,000 but doesn't guarantee a decent job or anything else...WHY BOTHER?? What is your solution for people getting ahead in life? Work 40 hrs/wk at Target and another 40 at McD's?? Please, Mister and Misses Personal Responsibility, what is your solution?

P.S. Please don't retort by saying, "I never said college was a joke or sham." YES YOU DID. You just said it in so many other words. $100,000 in tuition but it doesn't really guarantee anything and don't expect much, blah blah. Well that's a joke. If a college education is so worthless, as you seem to claim, why doesn't it cost a fair price of maybe $2 then instead?? Furthermore, why even bother going??

Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Chromekitty, not only are you warped, but I think you're quite young and not the brightest bulb on the tree. Get a grip. Wow! Someone needs a reality check and that would be YOU! Also, learn the proper use of commas, if you expect to be employable. No wonder you and yours expect others to do it for you! And it is to, not too. Go back to English 101.

Well first of all, it is a good thing what you think doesn't matter.
But...the thing is when people such as yourself have nothing of value to offer nor have a valid point then you go to attacking. It's expected though, it is truly all that people such as yourself are capable of.

Glad you dictated yourself as the grammar and spelling police, just on this thread alone with posters other than myself you will be kept quite busy.
hmmm, what is the joke? How do you keep an idiot busy??? LOL!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,860,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
Well call me a fool but I actually just took the time to read the bulk of this thread. For the most part, I agree with everybody and see both sides.

1. I have been researching IT careers for a while now. Here is my gist. The industry is necessary and is here to stay. It does have jobs. There are a lot of big, serious downsides to working in IT. Outsourcing is indeed a very, very serious problem for IT workers in the USA. Probably not so bad that everyone should strike IT off their prospective careers list forever.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NAYSAYERS, Annerk, Stan4, hnrbq et. al.:

1. Higher ed institutions in the US exist to make money and support their own bureaucracies, for the most part. It's a racket which has a corollary function of (barely) educating some people. WHEN ARE THESE CORRUPT, GREEDY, SELF-SERVING OVER-PROMISING & UNDER-DELIVERING HIGHER ED INSTITUTIONS GOING TO BE HELD TO ACCOUNT BY OUR GOV'T AND ELECTED REPS??

2. If college is a joke and a sham for everybody except those in Ivy League schools, it costs $100,000 but doesn't guarantee a decent job or anything else...WHY BOTHER?? What is your solution for people getting ahead in life? Work 40 hrs/wk at Target and another 40 at McD's?? Please, Mister and Misses Personal Responsibility, what is your solution?

P.S. Please don't retort by saying, "I never said college was a joke or sham." YES YOU DID. You just said it in so many other words. $100,000 in tuition but it doesn't really guarantee anything and don't expect much, blah blah. Well that's a joke. If a college education is so worthless, as you seem to claim, why doesn't it cost a fair price of maybe $2 then instead?? Furthermore, why even bother going??
It's what Trina majored in that's worthless, the BS IT degree. This is easy to figure out. Check the curriculum Monroe posted on its website:

Monroe College - Degree Requirements

Courses like VB and Oracle database, you can pick off yourself in Barnes & Noble.

It is what it is. If she studied a REAL computer science or computer engineering major (and gotten adequate grades), she wouldn't have had this problem. So the truth is there won't be a solution for her except to settle for a low-end job like retail. That's what happens to people who don't have the right skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search