Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 PM

388 posts, read 385,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually that's Ft Lauderdale.
Do you live here? I know what I observe (I live in Lake Worth). I don't go down to Ft Laudy that often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 02:40 AM

43 posts, read 161,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
UK is a European center for Jews. I don't get your question, are you looking to join a Jewish community and send your children to Jewish schools or just to move to the US?
we could always go to israel if schools where more important then bad neighborhoods, we are simply looking for the decent areas to raise our children to send them to talmud torah, we not from the UK, just been working in areas like leeds.

So far woodhills area of auston,
several areas of Denver (bit its cold there)
orlando Florida and a few more seem very nice., j
ust dont want to live in CA or north of it.

I can use google maps and see all the synagogues (most) across the country, this is great, but we want to find a large community near an area where work wont be a problem to find, for example Auston or Houston texas has allot of video and sound editing work for broadcast, but everyone we asked so far are living near these areas and they do NOT observe at all., we dont want to end up like this where the kids are the only jews in some town.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:46 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
Do you live here? I know what I observe (I live in Lake Worth). I don't go down to Ft Laudy that often.
My Winter home used to be in Las Olas. All the NYrs I knew were within (or upwards of) 30 minutes of Ft L.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
That makes you the most reliable source to answer your own question.
nope, been 10 years since ive seen these places and i was single then lol

Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post

mike tyson move done on ft lauderdale beach spring break 2012 ear bite off - YouTube

youtube says allot these days

Old 02-23-2014, 06:21 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbooboo View Post

youtube says allot these days

The Florida of today, is not what it was 20+ years ago. So if you are looking for the more Jewish suburbs then I'd look in NY state in the counties of Rockland or Nassau.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 PM

424 posts, read 552,019 times
To OP:
you say you want your kids to go to Talmud Torah, do you mean Jewish Day School? If so, does the orientation of the Day School matter? Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Sefaradi, Community based?

What cities are you considering?

if you look at Jewish Federations of North America, you will be able to look at the Federation for the communities you are considering, and these should have a section with a list of Synagogues and Day Schools. From there, you can make inquiries about specific communities. Chabad also has resources, but it is difficult to tell the size of the community, there are Chabads in places with very few Jewish people, and it does not sound like that is what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism