Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 05:54 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,355,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
US passport only, so I'm coming in as an American.

Now I have to schedule a PCR for here (I paid for one for when I arrive already).
Hopefully you can find a location near you that does it for free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:34 AM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Hopefully you can find a location near you that does it for free!
The test has to be done at Ben Gurion upon arrival so I paid already so they have a lot for me. It wasn't free, but the PCR I'm taking before the flight will be, I expect so it all evens out.

Old 10-27-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
The test has to be done at Ben Gurion upon arrival so I paid already so they have a lot for me. It wasn't free, but the PCR I'm taking before the flight will be, I expect so it all evens out.
I was referring to the COVID19 test that one needs to before boarding an international departing the USA. Sometimes one can find a free location to do it. This is besides the second COVID19 test that you will need to do upon arrival in Israel.

Old 10-27-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I was referring to the COVID19 test that one needs to before boarding an international departing the USA. Sometimes one can find a free location to do it. This is besides the second COVID19 test that you will need to do upon arrival in Israel.
The one done here can be covered by insurance, but I had to find a place that guaranteed results quickly and had appointments available right when I needed them. Services like that often cost a bunch, but I found one that fit the bill and won't cost me (directly) anything.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
The one done here can be covered by insurance, but I had to find a place that guaranteed results quickly and had appointments available right when I needed them. Services like that often cost a bunch, but I found one that fit the bill and won't cost me (directly) anything.
Speaking of insurance, do you need as a non-Israeli to get health insurance coverage for your trip (especially due to the pandemic)?

Old 11-01-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Speaking of insurance, do you need as a non-Israeli to get health insurance coverage for your trip (especially due to the pandemic)?
There was a requirement to have travel insurance which stated, explicitly, COVID coverage, so I bought that. Now that the requirement no longer applies, I'm stuck with it.

Next up -- how am I getting from the airport to where I'm staying? Are there rules about transportation (bus? Sherut? cab?)

Old 11-05-2021, 04:55 AM

Quote:
There was a requirement to have travel insurance which stated, explicitly, COVID coverage, so I bought that. Now that the requirement no longer applies, I'm stuck with it.

Next up -- how am I getting from the airport to where I'm staying? Are there rules about transportation (bus? Sherut? cab?)
Today, an acquaintance of mine in Israel wrote that travel insurance with COVID19 coverage is still a requirement for foreign travelers to Israel. She also shared the following website about COVID19 testing centers in Israel:
https://www.coronatestisrael.com/?fb...z97YcdsTl06dos

As for rules for public transportation in Israel while speaking to a different friend in Israel yesterday, she told me that masks are a requirement on Israeli public transportation.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:04 AM

A friend and co-worker who is planning on going said that she got a letter from our regular insurance carrier that lists COVID coverage and has travel coverage so she isn't sure that she needs to get an additional policy to cover the trip from an outside provider.

As for getting somewhere from the airport, my sister asked around and it seems tht one version of the story is that from the airport you are required to sit in a cab with a mask on and the window closed, but others say that no one checks and one can take a sheirut or a bus. I guess we shall see.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:05 AM

I just saw/read this article which may or may not be relevant as well:
Israel to expand COVID19 recovery designation - https://www.ynetnews.com/health_scie...cle/rkrz0d11vy

Old 11-05-2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
As for getting somewhere from the airport, my sister asked around and it seems tht one version of the story is that from the airport you are required to sit in a cab with a mask on and the window closed, but others say that no one checks and one can take a sheirut or a bus. I guess we shall see.
According to the Israeli friend I spoke to yesterday, nobody checks and therefore you can use public transportation to get to your 24 hour quarantine destination.

FYI there is also train service at the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism