Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2023, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 453 times

Advertisements

I know, your life, consists of, alot of studying, so it`s not an easy religion, but do you gather socially? I have family, but I don`t really feel fulfilled by them, I see muslims also, have alot of culture, and are together, but it`s mainly just eating together, I guess, which I like, I live in Norway, it`s not often we go out and eat even, I don`t really feel fulfilled in life, I want to be with people and eat together and have a good time, I haven`t studied much, but I`m well-known with science, and I teached myself to sing also, I workout daily also, but I just don`t feel fulfilled in life, you`re just supposed to watch tv all day here, or take walks, I feel it`s a little boring, should I convert to Judism so I get the social benefits, I`m not denying there`s a god, but I don`t really believe ether, I haven`t seen anything that makes me believe it, is it pointless for me to be Jewish, if I don`t believe in a god?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 03:56 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,272,740 times
Judaism is a communal religion. Many prayers require a quorum and learning is best when the Socratic method of people engaging is followed. Meals, services, life-cycle events all rely on community. In fact, when someone is mourning for a family member's death, there is a period of time when people go and visit, specifically because the mourner has to remember that he is not alone.

Old 08-22-2023, 06:15 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,264,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNorway1985 View Post
I know, your life, consists of, alot of studying, so it`s not an easy religion, but do you gather socially? I have family, but I don`t really feel fulfilled by them, I see muslims also, have alot of culture, and are together, but it`s mainly just eating together, I guess, which I like, I live in Norway, it`s not often we go out and eat even, I don`t really feel fulfilled in life, I want to be with people and eat together and have a good time, I haven`t studied much, but I`m well-known with science, and I teached myself to sing also, I workout daily also, but I just don`t feel fulfilled in life, you`re just supposed to watch tv all day here, or take walks, I feel it`s a little boring, should I convert to Judism so I get the social benefits, I`m not denying there`s a god, but I don`t really believe ether, I haven`t seen anything that makes me believe it, is it pointless for me to be Jewish, if I don`t believe in a god?

I suggest that you discuss your personal dissatisfaction with your life with a trained counselor so that you are more fully aware of the causes of your unhappiness. Until root causes are defined and explored, solutions are either unattainable or not sustainable.

I do not recommend converting to Judaism as a cure for your boredom.

You may want to discuss your problems with a member of the clergy, many of whom can provide excellent counsel.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:58 PM

22,378 posts, read 19,294,705 times
if a person does not believe in God, then converting to Judaism may not be the path for them. Belief in God is central to Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism