Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,010 times

Advertisements

I live in Tonganoxie (about 20 minutes west of the Kansas City Speedway) and we are thinking about putting in and in-ground pool. I am freaked out about finding a good, reputable company in the KC area to build and maintain it - there are so many companies out there and I don't know anyone with personal experience with any of them! Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with companies in KC, Leavenworth/Lansing or Lawrence? And please feel free to add any other info or opinions you might have on in-ground pools - I am taking all the advice I can get! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM

62 posts, read 121,278 times
kreed... posting here is probably a good idea, but you might also check out angie's list. for a reasonable fee you can join and find homeowners who have had experiences with all kinds of contractors. i'm sure someone has had experience with pool builders. also, check with the KC, Lawrence or Leavenworth better business bureaus. good luck! - mike

Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 14,010 times
Default thanks

I do need to check Angie's list...I didn't even think of that. Thank you for that suggestion. I have already looked at BBB reports but just hoped to get a "personal experience" story or two.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 AM

yeah, BBB criteria isn't as good as getting personal stories. only people who have a billing dispute or severe quality problem they can't resolve directly with the contractor are the ones who complain to the BBB. tells you nothing about how it is to work with them, timeliness, etc. Angie's List a good bet. Hope you get what you're looking for! - Mike

Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 PM

697 posts, read 1,071,825 times
What is Angie's List and how do you get to it?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 AM

angie's list is basically a consumer-oriented review site where you can read up on residential contractors from heating & cooling, to fencing, painters, etc. to you name it. reviews are submitted by people who have actually used the contractors. there are some other features to the group too.

go to www.angieslist.com. with luck, they'll have reports from wherever you live. you'll find more reports of course from the larger cities and towns. good luck! - mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City