Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,657 times

Advertisements

Fixed it for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPete View Post
At least the Jayhawk logo and name isn't blatantly racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 3,950 times
I think we should take some of that college sports stuff and move it over to STL, bigger market, more people that are interested, and I don't have to get that close to Kansas *shudders with fear and disgust*

Old 04-09-2012, 02:14 PM

196 posts, read 395,107 times
I'm getting kind of sick of this KC "college sports mania". Let's go back to focusing (and supporting) our pro sports teams for once; they kind of NEED our support.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestCityNative View Post
I'm getting kind of sick of this KC "college sports mania". Let's go back to focusing (and supporting) our pro sports teams for once; they kind of NEED our support.
Post of the decade.

Just got back from a ballpark trip on the west coast. (saw the royals win the opening series in LA!). It's just like it is out here (east coast). Nobody gives a rip about college sports and if they do, you wouldn’t know it by going to the stadiums out there. Zero college crap at MLB stadiums. Love it.

It all has a more "pro" or "big city" feel and culture to it.

Regardless, We all sported our Royals jerseys are are die hard Royals fans for life. Eric Hosmer even signed my sons Hosmer jersey!

My kids: yea, I'm old

Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,564 times
Quote:
They have support. Even Sporting Kansas City is selling out their games consistently.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Post of the decade.

Just got back from a ballpark trip on the west coast. (saw the royals win the opening series in LA!). It's just like it is out here (east coast). Nobody gives a rip about college sports and if they do, you wouldn’t know it by going to the stadiums out there. Zero college crap at MLB stadiums. Love it.

Regardless, We all sported our Royals jerseys are are die hard Royals fans for life. Eric Hosmer even signed my sons Hosmer jersey!

My kids: yea, I'm old
Yep, college sports are overrated here in KC. You know it's funny, I don't remember EVER seeing any college sports hype around KC before 2005. It's become sort of a recent phenomenon. When I was a kid in the 90's, I would go to Royals and Chiefs games and not see a single KU shirt. Today is a different world.

Not to diss on college sports, since I am myself an MU fan (my mom is an alumn and so is my brother and his wife). I keep apparel for Mizzou, Royals, Chiefs, AND Mavericks; I'm a die-hard fan of all four teams.

I just don't wear Mizzou clothes 24/7 like Jayhawk fans tend to.

Last edited by MidWestCityNative; 04-09-2012 at 10:04 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
They have support. Even Sporting Kansas City is selling out their games consistently.
Not a huge soccer follower, but SKC games are fun to watch. And this is a KC team that is actually GOOD.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Yep, college sports are overrated here in KC. You know it's funny, I don't remember EVER seeing any college sports hype around KC before 2005. It's become sort of a recent phenomenon. When I was a kid in the 90's, I would go to Royals and Chiefs games and not see a single KU shirt. Today is a different world.

Not to diss on college sports, since I am myself an MU fan (my mom is an alumn and so is my brother and his wife). I keep apparel for Mizzou, Royals, Chiefs, AND Mavericks; I'm a die-hard fan of all four teams.

I just don't wear Mizzou clothes 24/7 like Jayhawk fans tend to.

Recent phenomenon? Are you serious? I use to work at a sports apparel store in about 1996 and college stuff would sell out long before Chiefs or Royals stuff. We would sell twice as much college gear of all three teams than Chiefs or Royals. It isnt a recent phenomenon or anywhere close.

And MU fans wear just as much gear when either the football team or basketball team is doing well but then they tend to put it all away when the teams are doing poor.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Post of the decade.

Oh, really?

And what about the NBA?

Or the NFL?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Oh, really?
kcmo thinks he knows about this stuff when he constantly shows how absolutely clueless he is. College sports is huge in the United States. It is huge everywhere. If it werent, it wouldnt get as much face time on Sportscenter as professional sports. That show doesnt cater to the midwest, it caters to the coast.

People wear college gear everywhere. Celebrities where college gear all the time.

Jason Sudekis, Paul Rudd, and Rob Riggle wear KU stuff out and about LA all the time. I wonder if they are hicks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City