Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times

Advertisements

Hah, try again, Olivette, MO.

I moved here from Chicago (you know, a "real" major city), and see nothing about KC that is not legit. I could expound more on the utter absurdity of the concept of "deserving" a Hard Rock Cafe, but why shoot fish in a barrel, y'know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,024,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Perhaps they have better taste than that!
I dont agree with you often. But in this case - you are right.

"Franchised Hip" with lousy food and over priced drinks is not something you want in a city.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:12 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,397,844 times
Who needs HRC when you have Arthur Bryant's.

I'm not anti-chain, but I'd rather let the organic/kc original places draw people in. When I say organic, I don't mean organic food, but places that started here and prospered.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,173,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
KC's not a city. Take away all the places its annexed in the past 40 yrs and BAM its as small as Springfield, mo, Little rock, arkansas, Iowa City, Iowa, Talahasse, Florida etc. KC doesnt deserve a Hard Rock Cafe simply because it cheated its way to be a major city when it is not even close.
For the record, 40 years ago was 1972. Do you know where the KC city limits were in 1972? Hint: check out a 1970 city map...

Even without all that (pre-1970) annexation, though, KC would still be around 300K people. Is 300K not a "real city"? Besides, I thought the size of the core city didn't really matter, isn't that what you guys always say? How big is metro Springfield? Little Rock? Iowa City? You think they're a couple million?

Last edited by SPonteKC; 06-14-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 10:05 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,469,084 times
Quote:
KC's not a city. Take away all the places its annexed in the past 40 yrs and BAM its as small as Springfield, mo, Little rock, arkansas, Iowa City, Iowa, Talahasse, Florida etc. KC doesnt deserve a Hard Rock Cafe simply because it cheated its way to be a major city when it is not even close.
It would be about the same size as St Louis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Salt Lake City, and I am pretty half those cities have or had a HRC in it's time.

The Hard Rock Cafe was cool 20 years ago, remember when everyone use to wear the shirts? I hardly ever see anyone wearing one of those shirts. So if anything, Little Rock, Springfield, Des Moines and other small towns are probably wanting a Hard Rock right now since they are about 20 years behind the times on fashion and other trends.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,661,603 times
^I saw a hipster wearing one a couple of months ago and giggled. I'm sure he was wearing it "ironically."

Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,932,987 times
I get that HRC is "a dated concept". Replace Hard Rock Cafe with whatever. That wasn't my point.

My point is KC shouldn't shun anything that will bring people into the city or keep suburbanites there longer spending more money. But whatever...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times
Quote:

Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,932,987 times
Quote:
Absurd and extremely immature (or maybe just ignorant) troll post that's not worth a response IMO.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,873 times
Red face Hard Rock Cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterSound View Post
Whenever I'm in a city with a Hard Rock Cafe, I make an effort to visit. Much smaller places have them, but KC doesn't! Why do you think one hasn't been opened up yet? I think the P&L District would be a good place to put it.
I agree! Kansas City needs some excitement and a Hard Rock Cafe would be a great addition. I also think P&L District would be totally great for its' location! Or, better yet, let's get some adult fun in the Overland Park / Leawood area of Kansas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City