Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 37,765 times

Advertisements

Great thread!! Thanks!!!
I'm thinking of moving to KCMO, from Indiana. This thread makes even more excited, it really seems like a great place to live!!! I have only one questiom? Is Kansas City dangerous? I've been researching about the crime rates, and it is pretty high...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:32 AM

709 posts, read 1,491,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackColtsFan View Post
Great thread!! Thanks!!!
I'm thinking of moving to KCMO, from Indiana. This thread makes even more excited, it really seems like a great place to live!!! I have only one questiom? Is Kansas City dangerous? I've been researching about the crime rates, and it is pretty high...
You may want to start your own thread so this one doesn't get too bogged down or derailed, but the majority of Kansas City is perfectly safe. A large portion of the crime, especially violent crime, is isolated to certain areas that most people would have no reason set foot in (unless you happen to be involved in the drug trade). For most people, crime has no impact on their life.

I don't know if you're from the Indianapolis area, but KC seems to be doing a lot better than Indy lately when it comes to violent crime -currently about half the number of murders that Indianapolis has this year.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 37,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
You may want to start your own thread so this one doesn't get too bogged down or derailed, but the majority of Kansas City is perfectly safe. A large portion of the crime, especially violent crime, is isolated to certain areas that most people would have no reason set foot in (unless you happen to be involved in the drug trade). For most people, crime has no impact on their life.

I don't know if you're from the Indianapolis area, but KC seems to be doing a lot better than Indy lately when it comes to violent crime -currently about half the number of murders that Indianapolis has this year.
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry if my question is in the wrong place, but wasn't my intention to start a new discussion. That was my last question before moving to KC. I live near Indy and go there very often, and yes, crime is very bad there. Much worse than KC I'd say... I'm used to live close to bad areas and I know how to avoid the drug dealers and criminals... But know I'm starting a family and we want to live in a nice and safe area to raise our future kids...

Old 12-17-2014, 04:32 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Cool video of some of KC's icons

[vimeo]106281351[/vimeo]

Kansas City Lights on Vimeo

Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 PM

14 posts, read 39,731 times
Thank you so much for posting all of this information. Very generous, and helpful!

Old 08-05-2015, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 14,534 times
Default Science community in KS, MO?

Hi kcmo,

This is a great thread! So informative and the pictures are quite helpful. I am looking to relocate to Kansas City, MO and have been looking for science jobs. Does Kansas City have any biotechnology companies? I was checking out university research labs but it seems most universities there emphasize information technology and business. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mel

Old 08-23-2015, 07:14 AM

6 posts, read 27,198 times
Thanks for the insight! There's a really good chance that I will be moving to KC in January for work. How is the international community there? My husband is from Sao Paulo, Brasil. We both come from really big cities and understand there is a change of pace. We are just not sure how much different the pace is. Can someone fill us in? Thanks!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 13,975 times
Thanks for all the Info, We are looking to move to MO from MS

Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
This is pretty cool for KC. Most of the bigger cities and big tourism cities have these and it's a great way for tourists and even locals to acclimated with a city or to get around of course. Not too many cities the size of KC have high quality tour bus routes, but I think KC has a lot to show off so if marketed well it should be a great success and will help tie together all the different districts in urban KCMO.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...bus-tours.html

KC Doubledecker Tours

https://www.zerve.com/KCDDTours/HOHOSite

Old 06-06-2016, 01:19 PM

80 posts, read 111,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
This is pretty cool for KC. Most of the bigger cities and big tourism cities have these and it's a great way for tourists and even locals to acclimated with a city or to get around of course. Not too many cities the size of KC have high quality tour bus routes, but I think KC has a lot to show off so if marketed well it should be a great success and will help tie together all the different districts in urban KCMO.

[url]http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/06/03/kc-double-decker-bus-tours.html[/url]

[url=http://www.kcdoubledeckertours.com/]KC Doubledecker Tours[/url]

[url]https://www.zerve.com/KCDDTours/HOHOSite[/url]
You beat me to it, I was going to post this in a new thread, nonetheless, this is a good spot for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City