Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
4. I actually got married Saturday night in KC (very nearby the area the OP is asking about, actually), and inexplicably, nary a shooting death took place!
Congratulations on your wedding. The shootings and shooting death took place after midnight on Saturday night, so it was actually in the wee hours Sunday morning. But there were indeed three shootings, three injured and one dead.

Last edited by luzianne; 01-29-2014 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
^I don't get people's issues with the 44th and Main QuikTrip. I don't see how the quality of the store is lesser than any others. I think what you guys maybe don't like is the pace and how busy it gets? Personally, I like it - it's an interesting place. I'd like to see a similar location downtown.
It's too busy and crowded for me. And Main Street is busy too. So it's hard to get in and get out of the parking lot, hard to get in and out of the store. Also doesn't seem to be the cleanest Quik Trip. Usually they are really clean.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM

Well, that Quik Trip in that safe neighborhood at 43rd and Main got held up this morning. The idiot gave the clerk a note that said "Emtey the draw" (empty the drawer). The clerk didn't know she was being held up because she couldn't decipher the note - until he made a gesture that he was holding a gun in his pocket.

Isn't there pretty much always a policeman on duty at that Quik Trip? He must have been sleeping on the job.

Last edited by luzianne; 01-30-2014 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 PM

709 posts, read 1,493,801 times
Car thieves target Overland Park neighborhoods - KansasCity.com

There have been 8 car thefts in Overland Park since Monday. I guess JoCo isn't safe either.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
Car thieves target Overland Park neighborhoods - KansasCity.com

There have been 8 car thefts in Overland Park since Monday. I guess JoCo isn't safe either.
Likely Missouri thieves crossing the state line. It happens a lot. But we haven't had any shootings or armed robberies.

You can deny it all you want, but there is a lot of violent crime in Kansas City, Missouri, and the statistics show that. The statistics also show that Johnson County is very safe and has little to no violent crime.

Saturday night with three shootings, three injured, one dead, and you called it "one unfortunate night." Now there is an armed robbery in the very area you were saying was safe and now it's "well cars were stolen in Overland Park!!" There was a shooting in Blue Springs the other day, too, but I didn't mention it since it's a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri and not the city itself.

A lot if not most of the crime in Johnson County is by people coming across the state line. If you don't believe me, look at the Johnson County Sheriff booking & release report.

It would look better for you if you acknowledged the crime in Kansas City, Missouri instead of continuing to deny it in the face of statistics that state otherwise. Kansas City ranks 21 of the 25 most dangerous cities for 2012. I think in 2013 they improved to 27. Still, the 27th most dangerous city? And you get mad if I say there is a crime problem in Kansas City? The good thing is, Kansas City ranks better than St. Louis.

Most Dangerous Cities In America - Business Insider

Last edited by luzianne; 01-30-2014 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 03:46 PM

180 posts, read 261,930 times
My wife moved here from the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, and she's seen "the worst of what Kansas City has to offer", so to speak. She says it's nothing compared to gang-controlled areas of Durham, NC and that Kansas City has mostly socially-constructed ghettos as opposed to what they have where she comes from.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:53 PM

KC’s murder statistics are worse than you think - KansasCity.com

Old 02-20-2014, 03:40 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,984,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviastar View Post
....I spent some time in Mexico City when I was in college...we don't really have a city that compares to the violence there...even the "dangerous" cities in the U.S. are tame by comparison....
Mexico City's murder rate is about the same as Kansas City, assuming it's reported accurately. Are you, in other words, saying Mexico City is more dangerous because of the way the murders are carried out (you know, AK-47 attacks, grenades, hangings, skinnings, etc.), and the amount of power the cartels have and their unpredictability, and the police/government not having complete control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City