Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 PM

455 posts, read 772,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
That's fckd up. I hope that old bastard gets the death penalty.
He will - Kansas does have the death penalty for capital murder. Hopefully this worthless pile of trash gets exactly what he deserves - his execution. In the meantime let this scumbag vermin rot in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 03:53 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times
Really sad story. Too bad the cops didn't just shoot him dead. The death penalty usually takes 20 years or more to get done, so it would hardly matter in this case anyway. Now the taxpayers are stuck paying his way, including his geriatric health care. Maybe that's what he wanted. Makes ya wonder why he didn't kill himself, and why he chose Johnson County rather than Missouri, which does have the death penalty. One can hope someone will beat him to death while in prison. But I'm sure he will be segregated from the general population.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:55 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
My thoughts:

1) I'm getting tired or the national news media calling him the "Kansas Shooter".

2) This jerk has been this way for 50+ years, so why commit a shooting now? I suspect he's either got dementia or some terminal health issue and thus started shooting. As such, I doubt he is alive or coherent by the time the appeals run out.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 AM

210 posts, read 428,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My thoughts:

1) I'm getting tired or the national news media calling him the "Kansas Shooter".

2) This jerk has been this way for 50+ years, so why commit a shooting now? I suspect he's either got dementia or some terminal health issue and thus started shooting. As such, I doubt he is alive or coherent by the time the appeals run out.
Because he felt the country is moving in the wrong direction, almost certainly blamed the Jews for it, and decided it was time to do something about it. Or who knows, I rather doubt he was thinking all that logically.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM

180 posts, read 261,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwired View Post
He will - Kansas does have the death penalty for capital murder. Hopefully this worthless pile of trash gets exactly what he deserves - his execution. In the meantime let this scumbag vermin rot in prison.
Realistically, it's not going to happen. Kansas's death penalty system is really backlogged - nobody has been executed since the Clutter family's killers in 1965, and nothing is expected anytime soon. If they would be pushing for anybody, it would be John Robinson, and he's almost certain to die of natural causes in prison. Also, nationwide, the legislative/legal trend is against the death penalty. States are starting to repeal the death penalty, and courts are starting to block executions based on concerns about lethal injection. Even if somehow the case did proceed toward execution, this guy is so old that there's a good chance he would die anyway.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 AM

I don't want to give him the satisfaction of death. Let him rot.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
My thoughts:

Good point. Maybe he's on prescription psycho-meds? Either way, a waste of a human.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
News conference in a few minutes, 10:30 am, about charges being filed against him.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM

180 posts, read 261,930 times
Quote:
My thoughts:

This reminds me of the 88 year old who opened fire in the US Holocaust Museum a few years back. He was intending to die in the process.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Capital murder charges filed - 1st degree premeditated murder. No hate crime (not an option in KS, possibility of federal hate crime charges). Death penalty is on the table. No possibility of parole if convicted. Additional charges are likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City