Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 18,072 times

Advertisements

First, The reason Independence took over the schools from KC is simple..MONEY...They get somewere around several thousand dollars per student..You are a senior kcmo your wife is a so called teacher do the math, better yet have HER do the math for you.

Yes I have the resources to move and the whole nine and then some..Its not about walking around with a chip on your shoulder, We live in a city were a young black man is successful beyond what most people can only imagine and im very outspoken. Kinda creates a problem...I took my children OUT the Indep schools and we flew to DC for OBAMA Inaguration and you should see the hate when we wear our OBAMA DC Shirts " WE WERE THERE AND WITNESS HISTORY" In Independence..LOL

I will be financing a video to speak on all the ills of the city of Independence including the schools & police. I have a name you can google about me: "The New Mayor Of Independence Mo" Im gonna make some big changes come spring with this new video for the world to see the city of Independence Mo for what it is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:16 PM

After I release this video on facebook, myspace, youtube..........It will open a lot of eyes....Also the song will be avail on ITUNES.....Proceeds to benefit ME LOL

Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr getosoul View Post
after i release this video on facebook, myspace, youtube..........it will open a lot of eyes....also the song will be avail on itunes.....proceeds to benefit me lol
gold selling producer songwriter

Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,065 times
I recently was pulled over by an Sugar Creek police officer for not stopping at a stop sign. I was very cooperative when he pulled me over. Before going back to his car to run my info, I kindly told him that my screaming child need to use the restroom. He took an extra 6 mins to do his job in the car. When he came back out to my car, he explained that I couldn't have my liscence back until I payed the ticket. I had already explained to the officer the reason i passed the stop sign was because I was on my way to pharmacy to pick up meds for my sick, screaming child in car. It was no way that the pharmacy would give the medicine without my proof of person/ ID. He asked me to sign the ticket, i politely said no. IThe police officer slammed his clip board on top of my car , openned my door and said I was under arrest. I explained to him in the past I have said no to signing a ticket, and was never punished. With tears rolling down my face from him threatening in front of my screaming 18 month old, i asked" are you going to treat me like this in front of my baby?" He told me he would take me and my baby to jail. So I had no choice but sign the ticket, pay the $85 for the ticket to get my license back. This officer knew that my child was sick , needed to potty, and I needed to make it the pharmacy for the prescription. I did deserve the ticket, but not the treatment. I worked in the health care field, and I treated a patient the same way that this officer treated me, i wouldn't have a job. I thought police officers were suppose to be ther to help to proven guilty. I now warn anyone and everybody I run into to not go to Sugar Creek if your a single woman with kids. they take advantage of this. I said a prayer for this officer, and hope and pray his family never gets treated the same way he treated me that day. I tried to file an complaint against the officer, the police dept basically shrugged it off and said they would talk to him. I wish it was some else I could do to prevent this from happening again. Until that happens, PLEASE STAY OUT OF SUGAR CREEK, MO! POLICE OFFICERS THERE DONT RESPECT CITIZENS AT ALL. PS- I'm sending them a bill for a new car seat and therapy for making my 18 month old ;who has been potty trained for 2 months ; pee on herself in her car seat, and for yelling at me in front of my baby the way he did.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowmama84 View Post
I recently was pulled over by an Sugar Creek police officer for not stopping at a stop sign. I was very cooperative when he pulled me over. Before going back to his car to run my info, I kindly told him that my screaming child need to use the restroom. He took an extra 6 mins to do his job in the car. When he came back out to my car, he explained that I couldn't have my liscence back until I payed the ticket. I had already explained to the officer the reason i passed the stop sign was because I was on my way to pharmacy to pick up meds for my sick, screaming child in car. It was no way that the pharmacy would give the medicine without my proof of person/ ID. He asked me to sign the ticket, i politely said no. IThe police officer slammed his clip board on top of my car , openned my door and said I was under arrest. I explained to him in the past I have said no to signing a ticket, and was never punished. With tears rolling down my face from him threatening in front of my screaming 18 month old, i asked" are you going to treat me like this in front of my baby?" He told me he would take me and my baby to jail. So I had no choice but sign the ticket, pay the $85 for the ticket to get my license back. This officer knew that my child was sick , needed to potty, and I needed to make it the pharmacy for the prescription. I did deserve the ticket, but not the treatment. I worked in the health care field, and I treated a patient the same way that this officer treated me, i wouldn't have a job. I thought police officers were suppose to be ther to help to proven guilty. I now warn anyone and everybody I run into to not go to Sugar Creek if your a single woman with kids. they take advantage of this. I said a prayer for this officer, and hope and pray his family never gets treated the same way he treated me that day. I tried to file an complaint against the officer, the police dept basically shrugged it off and said they would talk to him. I wish it was some else I could do to prevent this from happening again. Until that happens, PLEASE STAY OUT OF SUGAR CREEK, MO! POLICE OFFICERS THERE DONT RESPECT CITIZENS AT ALL. PS- I'm sending them a bill for a new car seat and therapy for making my 18 month old ;who has been potty trained for 2 months ; pee on herself in her car seat, and for yelling at me in front of my baby the way he did.
If the above story is true, you were taken.

There is no requirement to pay tickets on the spot like that. And they have no right to keep your license unless there is a warrant out for your arrest, in which case, they should just arrest you.

Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt though. Just an acknowledgment that you received it. I'm not sure of the benefit of refusing to sign it.

If you had a cell phone, you should have called 911 and requested an additional officer to the scene. If your story is true, this guy was acting illegally.

You will need legal assistance for any recourse, no doubt. I hope you got the guy's name. They will throw your "bill" in the trash.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:03 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
If the above story is true, you were taken.

There is no requirement to pay tickets on the spot like that. And they have no right to keep your license unless there is a warrant out for your arrest, in which case, they should just arrest you.

Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt though. Just an acknowledgment that you received it. I'm not sure of the benefit of refusing to sign it.

If you had a cell phone, you should have called 911 and requested an additional officer to the scene. If your story is true, this guy was acting illegally.

You will need legal assistance for any recourse, no doubt. I hope you got the guy's name. They will throw your "bill" in the trash.
Are you sure about that?

Signing a ticket is a promise to appear, is it not? If you refuse to make that promise to appear, I'm not so sure that they don't have the legal authority to take you into custody.

Also I have to comment that the reason given for not stopping at the stop sign is utterly silly and invalid. I don't have much sympathy for this story.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:11 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Are you sure about that?
Well, again, I'm taking the story at face value. If the entire story is true, then yes, he acted illegally by telling her she had to pay on the spot or he would keep her license.

Quote:
Also I have to comment that the reason given for not stopping at the stop sign is utterly silly and invalid.
Agreed

Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Well, again, I'm taking the story at face value. If the entire story is true, then yes, he acted illegally by telling her she had to pay on the spot or he would keep her license.

Agreed
Certainly if the officer demanded and collected the $85 on the spot, that would not be legal - agreed.

But that part of the story seems a bit fuzzy to me and I doubt very much that is what happened. I'm betting that there was a court appearance in there somewhere that hasn't been mentioned or she signed the ticket, got her license back, and mailed in the fine.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Sugar Creek is a dump, but I would't mess with thier cops, you will get nowhere in a small town like that. Pay the ticket and move on.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
I like the topography of Sugar Creek. It's a little town that's trying to improve. Downtown's cleaner looking than it was when I first moved here.

Speaking of Sugar Creek, this weekend is the Sugar Creek Slavic Festival.
Sugar Creek Slavic Festival

Edit: oops. that was last week. Sorry.

Last edited by northbound74; 06-18-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City