Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,678 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm moving to KC at the end of the month for a new job. Never been there. Don't know anybody from there. Any feedback from KC residents would be appreciated!

I'm thinking about moving into the new development along the river, Landing on Briarcliff. Likely renting it based on pictures or making a decision when I get into town.

The train tracks run nearby it, does anybody know of the noise in the area? Any news on the new development in terms of quality of units, property managers, and insulation of walls?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 05:16 PM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
That's a great area if you want to be close to everything downtown yet still live in a suburban type area. Since the apartments are brand new, i would imagine they may be offering some pretty good leasing incentives.

As far as the railroad tracks, they are pretty busy, but there are no grade crossings in that area so there wouldn't be a lot of train horns. Also, if you're just looking at Google maps, you probably don't see that the apartments are high on the bluff and the tracks are right down by the river.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,643 times
The walls are thin, from someone I know who once lived there. But I think that's the case with most apartment complexes. He never complained about train noise.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
The apartments the OP is referring to are those brand new ones on south end of Briarcluff, just west of that gigantic seniors complex they just built. But I imagine the walls are pretty thin no matter where you are.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,678 times
It is the new development next to the senior center.

Some places can attest to what's within the walls and floors... I couldn't get a satisfactory answer.
But, I'm still considering it because my options are limited due to time and renting without touring...and they do have a special.

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 06-11-2015, 07:59 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,806,749 times
If you don't have chance to tour apts, anything fairly new in Briarcliff area will be fine for a while until finding the right area/building you want to live. Might try for less than a year lease if you can unless you don't mind that.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 AM

4 posts, read 5,745 times
One friend of mine lived there, but he'd never told me about train noises, so I suppose if they really are, they are not disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: