Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 03:40 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times

Advertisements

The library is not old and seedy.

There are some parts of KC that could be described as old and seedy, but most of it is just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM

767 posts, read 1,321,419 times
Just going to throw this out here... I was in Denver in late April and KC in mid May and to act like Denver or most of Colorado doesn’t have terrible roads is a crime on its own. I-70 and US-50 from KS to the front range are awful and Denver city streets were no better than KC and a lot worse than Wichita.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:52 AM

908 posts, read 724,727 times
Kansas City is very old and decrepit. It is mainly slums filled with crime and violence.

If one is thinking about moving to KC, forget it. Stay where you are.

This message is brought to you by the folks who love KC as it is.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDScoop View Post
I spent a couple of weeks there and I remember going to the library downtown, and it was old and seedy. There was a security guard who looked unhappy at the entrance. It was an old building. Just gave me the heebie jeebies. Everything seemed old: the car wash I went to was old, I remember. The roads seemed busted up. I am from Denver. I have an opportunity in KC, but I shy away from it because of my impression of it. Can you comment on this?
I'm confused, because the central library is pretty awesome.

There are for sure seedy neighborhoods in specific parts of KC. You weren't in them, though, I'm guessing. Or you probably wouldn't be pointing to the downtown library, of all things, as your exemplar of seediness, lol.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:03 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
I love that library.
Don’t want to turn this into a silly contest, but what I’ve seen of Denver and especially Colorado the last few years, I’m not impressed. I only say that because comparatively, KC really isn’t that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City