Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 02:17 PM

8 posts, read 7,096 times

Advertisements

So there is a possibility that my husband’s job will be moving us to KCMO within the next year. We are in our early 30’s with two elementary aged children and were hoping to live in the Lee’s Summit/ Blue Springs area but per his jobs requirements we will need to be within KCMO city limits. So now I am trying to research areas that keep us within the city limits but out of the central KCMOSD and still not terribly far from Lees Summit/Blue Springs as my grandparents live in that area. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are originally from the DSM metro area and have visited KCMO plenty of times but have never stayed longer than a week or two. Plus we were staying in the suburbs so really the actual KCMO area itself will be kind of new to us. Schools and safety are my priorities when looking for a neighborhood. Anything insight said you can provide would be great. I was hoping to move further south with no winter but I guess a few hours south will have to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 02:36 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,643 times
If you need to be in Kansas City, Missouri city limits, look north of the river, in Platte and Clay Counties. Many city workers with school-aged children live up there. You can live in KCMO in Clay County, and be within the Liberty school district. You can live in KCMO in Platte County and be within the Park Hill school district.

There is a small section of KCMO that is east of Raytown, north of Lee's Summit, that might be in the Lee's Summit school district. The map is so small I can't determine for sure.

Winter will still be bad, but not anywhere as raw as Des Moines.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,476,848 times
The Summit Woods subdivision is very popular, as it is in KCMO proper and the Lee's Summit school district. It is NW of Lee's Summit Road and Woods Chapel. Just a bit south of there are several subdivisions along Bannister Road just west of MO 350 Highway with the same criteria.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:03 PM

264 posts, read 250,497 times
Lots of neighborhoods in KCMO limits that will put you in Park Hill School District or Staley High school in the NKC School District which are good quality. Tiffany Springs Area or around the Staley Hills area. Lee's Summit will be about 30-35 minutes drive. Being in the south metro vs north metro isn't going to make a noticeable difference in winter conditions.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:56 AM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
I’ll add you can also buy in Kansas City, MO limits and be in the Liberty school district. Roughly anything east of Shoal Creek and North of 152.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM

142 posts, read 116,018 times
Anything in either Liberty or Staley/ Oak Park HS (NKC Dostrict) is good. I sub in both districts and can vouch that they are very good especially the northern half of the NKC district and Liberty. The southern half is still good but the further north the better. I recommend avoiding anything that feeds into Winnetonka HS in NKC.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
The Summit Woods subdivision is very popular, as it is in KCMO proper and the Lee's Summit school district. It is NW of Lee's Summit Road and Woods Chapel. Just a bit south of there are several subdivisions along Bannister Road just west of MO 350 Highway with the same criteria.
These are the areas I'd target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City