Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 12,495 times

Advertisements

I believe my child will be starting Topping Elem., I am not sure what the middle school will be , my question is... As far as accreditation, and it being a safe school district. Does anyone have any insight with this. What about Winnetonka High?

Last edited by firecrackerdl; 03-18-2009 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: forgot a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,005,522 times
North Kansas City is a great school district. I dont really have a lot of specific info but I went to NKC schools from 3rd grade on and loved it.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 PM

367 posts, read 818,436 times
North KC is a great district overall, but that part of of it (where Topping and Winnetonka is) is the lowest-rated portion of it.

I had friends whose kids went to Topping and it was a great experience for them (my daughter went to Lakewood and it was wonderful, we hated leaving it). The middle school - depends on where you live as to which you'll go to, but I have heard less rave reviews for them, especially Eastgate, and while I know you can get a good education at Winnetonka, it's the lowest rated of NKC's high schools.

If we'd stayed in KC - we probably would have moved to a different part of the district once my kidlet got to middle school - I'd much rather be in other portions of the district (probably around Oak Park or even as far north as the new Staley HS).

Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,005,522 times
Of the four high schools in the district, Winnetoka is the last one I would choose for my kids. When I was in school, all the kids I knew that went there were a mess and many of them ended up into drugs and other bad stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City