Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:54 AM

43 posts, read 277,042 times

Advertisements

Overland Park was named by Money Magazine as the 3rd best city to live in the U S. How come?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2006, 06:48 PM

5 posts, read 20,518 times
Overland Park is mostly made of upper-middle class families. There are plenty of employment opportunities also. There is a lot for the whole family in OP.

The taxes in Johnson County are not as high as what we pay in Wyandotte County. Also, the crime rate in JOCO is low compared to surrounding counties.

Many of the surrounding communities are also nice.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 30,524 times
Yes, I lived in Prescott, Ks and would do all my shopping in OP and also medical care is good there. BP

Old 08-22-2006, 04:50 PM

409 posts, read 1,749,198 times
Yes yes. I will not set foot in Kansas city, MO. to do my shopping. Oak Park Mall is great to go to and it is very peaceful there. I believe the demografics is what got OP its rating in the magazine

Old 08-23-2006, 10:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevdie View Post
Yes yes. I will not set foot in Kansas city, MO. to do my shopping. Oak Park Mall is great to go to and it is very peaceful there. I believe the demografics is what got OP its rating in the magazine
Kansas City provides the backbone of the KC area such as Museums, Sports and a large assortment of amenities not provided by Johnson county or Overland Park. Yet good old Kansas City still gets dissed by this type person.
When you fly to Overland Park from outside the state you will use MCI a Kansas City airport. Overland Park is a yuppie town and most there think they are better than anyone else from Kansas City. I was raised on the south end of Kansas City although it was very rural and as a teenager we knew better than to hit on girls from Overland Park because they considered anyone from Kansas City trash. Yes Kansas City does have some bad areas just as most large cities. Come look at our fountains, The Plaza, Watch the Chiefs or the Royals, eat some of the world's best BBQ in Kansas City. Overland Park has major crime as well. Overland Park benefits immensely from the benefits supplied by Kansas City although they are sure they are better than Kansas City residents. Not all people in Overland Park are this way but a majority are. I am over 50 yrs old and grew up here and i do know the score

Old 08-23-2006, 11:56 AM

Kansas City gets dissed by this type of person because it is very dangerous there. It is just as (if not more) Dangerous than New York City. That's how I feel and I don't apoligize for it.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevdie View Post
Kansas City gets dissed by this type of person because it is very dangerous there. It is just as (if not more) Dangerous than New York City. That's how I feel and I don't apoligize for it.
So it is too danegerous to go to the Plaza, the stadiums, Nelson Art Gallery, MCI airport, Jess & Jims Steakhouse, RC's Restaurant, The Savoy Grill. The Herford House. Saddle & Sirloin, cruise Ward Parkway for an evening drive.
Oak Park msall had a woman murdered in the parking lot within the last year and a pedophile was busted for being after little boys in a bathroom. I wasn't asking for an apology. You just do not actually know that much about Kansas City or even Overland Park. Just about two weeks ago Overland Park had a hit and run fatality. Where do you go to catch an airplane if Kansas City is so dangerous?

Two women were robbed today within a half hour apart at two Overland Park apartment complexes. Overland Park is a great place to go rob upper middle class people. Some of the robbers are from the inner city of Kansas City and some come from Lenexa, Olathe, Merriam, and Kansas City KANSAS.

I am not on an OP crusade. OP would never be what it is without Kansas City. Earlier i forgot to mention that KC has THE Crown Center shopping center as well as STARLIGHT THEATER.

Last edited by Marka; 08-23-2006 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: merged

Old 08-25-2006, 12:19 PM

Naked driver pulls alongside school bus
Twice this week a naked, hairy man has exposed himself to elementary school children.

About 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 21 and 24, a man wearing no clothes driving a shiny red Nissan Pathfinder has pulled alongside the same school bus and *********ed while the vehicles were traveling along 75th Street between Delmar Street and Mission Road. Police are investigating reports of possibly a third incident at another location

Old 08-25-2006, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 6,597 times
LOL Why did the Bus driver not get the auto Licence?

Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-13-2018 at 04:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City