Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 PM

34 posts, read 150,031 times

Advertisements

I am inquiry to see what options there are for elementary schools thru highschool for some one that lives in the center school district. For those of you that live in the center school district what do you think about grade schools? What do you think about middle and center high school? Have any parents come up with other alternatives for schooling? Can you pay to send you kids to Shawnee Mission School district? What other options are available. Living in in the center school district would I be eligible to send kids to any of the Kansas City Missouri Charter Schools (acadamie lafayette or star montessori)? Any other options people can think of? I would appreciate people who have first hand experience with sending their kids from the South Kansas City Area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,505,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva kc View Post
Can you pay to send you kids to Shawnee Mission School district?
This used to be an option, but I don't think they have allowed this for quite some time as those districts are pretty full now. I could be wrong though. Certainly worth looking into.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:02 PM

448 posts, read 1,459,436 times
I have freinds with young children in Center elementary schools (Boone to be specific). They seemed to be satisfied from our conversations, however both of them rent, so they are not as concerned with higher level education because they can just move.

I know Academie Lafayette and Border Star Montessori used to accept students whose parents pay, but now they have waiting lists filled with in district students, so they don't accept out of district students not currently enrolled.

There are several private schools in the area, including Whitfield Academy and Christ the King. Also Barstow is just south of the area and is usually considered one of the top private schools in Kansas City. When you look at High School level Rockhurst for boys and Notre Dame for girls are also top private schools.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:12 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Boone is good, just get out before secondary ed.

The schools in the Redbridge area are ok too. Again as far as elem, not so sure about secondary.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famusdarlin View Post
I have freinds with young children in Center elementary schools (Boone to be specific). They seemed to be satisfied from our conversations, however both of them rent, so they are not as concerned with higher level education because they can just move.

I know Academie Lafayette and Border Star Montessori used to accept students whose parents pay, but now they have waiting lists filled with in district students, so they don't accept out of district students not currently enrolled.

There are several private schools in the area, including Whitfield Academy and Christ the King. Also Barstow is just south of the area and is usually considered one of the top private schools in Kansas City. When you look at High School level Rockhurst for boys and Notre Dame for girls are also top private schools.
Spending 17K+ for schooling for one child seems imposing enough. What options are there for scholarhips to these "elite" private schools such as rockhurst and barstow? To further ask, is a balance between quality of school and $$$?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM

476 posts, read 1,316,883 times
I've heard that almost no one pays full tuition at private schools.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
I've heard that almost no one pays full tuition at private schools.
Can anyone speak into this matter? What kind of financial aid, grants, and scholarships are available at private schools including barstow, rockhurst, pembroke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City