Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,058 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I live in Portland, Oregon and I am getting homesick for the Kansas plains and particularly the warm Midwest springs with its awesome storms (...and after 15 years I'm starting to develop a hatred for a 4-month, rain-soaked "spring" where we cheer if it gets above 60 degrees).

The problem is I can't move back full-time right now...so I am considering coming out to western Kansas to live from March 1 to July 5th (which is our official start of summer in Portland---all 60 days of it).

I really want to live on the prairie, or at least in a small town surrounded by the prairie. Any housing ideas? There are very few (if any) apartments in western Kansas.

Any thoughts or creative ideas would be appreciated...

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:03 PM

934 posts, read 1,441,193 times
Fantastic idea! It's nice to hear someone appreciate the plains! If I were you I would look for a house around a town near Wamego, KS. It is very close to the Konza nature prairie, but not too far from Topeka, or Lawrence. I visited Wamego not too long ago, and the town is known for it's little Wizard of Oz museum. It was a nice little town, and they have a little restaurant next door that sells Toto tacos...not bad!

Here is the Konza if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.gustafsonresearch.com/pho...rie-summer.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas