Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 PM

4 posts, read 28,255 times

Advertisements

Anybody on here that lived in Logan , Kansas between 1958 and 1965? Doc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,102 times
Default Logan Kansas

My mother was raised in Logan during that time. Her mother was Vada Sanson, then Vada Kessler.

C

Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,079 times
My parents (John and June (Rundle) Sullivan) were both born in (1941) or close to Logan and grew up there. My dad served in the Air Force between 1959 to 1963-4 and my mom was gone from 1961-63-4 when they lived in military housing at Salina. They moved back and that's where we were raised. I still live in Logan and my siblings are in other parts of Kansas. My dad owns the local newspaper here now (my mom's deceased) and seems to know quite a bit of the local history.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 28,255 times
Post Lived in Logan

When I lived in Logan we lived across the street from Chet Rundle and his wife(can't remember her name, Althea maybe?), and their adopted daughter Starlett who lived on the west end of town as I remember. I think Joe Bard lived across the street too. There was an empty lot to the east and a very small house next to that.

I remember hearing the name Vada Sanson maybe my mom knew her.

My step father worked in the oilfield in Logan. We moved to Wichita in about 1965 or 66. I was 15 or 16 then. I didn't want to leave.

Some of the people I remember going to school with are as follows-
D.D. Breese, Max Parsons, Dennis Becker, Normadine Reese, Carol Lormeyer,
Gary Nichols, Dean Walgreen, Bruce Johnston, Raymond Wurtz, Kit Kahlor, Jolene Salmons, Rod Walgreen?, Phylis Ross.

I remember a teacher I had in the eighth grade, his name was Mr. Duncan.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 11,217 times
Default Lived in Logan

My name is Rod Wallgren and I did grow up in Logan and graduated H.S. in 1968. Alfreda was Chet Rundles wife's name I think. Sarlett stills lives in Logan and married Roger Henry if you remember him. What is your name and where do you live now?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docharleyday View Post
When I lived in Logan we lived across the street from Chet Rundle and his wife(can't remember her name, Althea maybe?), and their adopted daughter Starlett who lived on the west end of town as I remember. I think Joe Bard lived across the street too. There was an empty lot to the east and a very small house next to that.

I remember hearing the name Vada Sanson maybe my mom knew her.

My step father worked in the oilfield in Logan. We moved to Wichita in about 1965 or 66. I was 15 or 16 then. I didn't want to leave.

Some of the people I remember going to school with are as follows-
D.D. Breese, Max Parsons, Dennis Becker, Normadine Reese, Carol Lormeyer,
Gary Nichols, Dean Walgreen, Bruce Johnston, Raymond Wurtz, Kit Kahlor, Jolene Salmons, Rod Walgreen?, Phylis Ross.

I remember a teacher I had in the eighth grade, his name was Mr. Duncan.
Hi Doc:

I am a Great great neice of Joe Bard. Do you know if Logan has a Community History Book? He was a long time member of the community and I would think that he would have been in a book of that sort.
JCockney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas