Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 04:11 PM

34 posts, read 116,093 times

Advertisements

Never lived in Kansas or Mo. before. I understand that winters can be pretty cold and summers humid. Is this a fair assumption? How much snow should you expect in Atchison? How hot and humid is the summers?
We REALLY love the old homes and the atmosphere I've seen on the internet. We're retired young and want a small town feel with low crime and lots of history. Feed me some info if you have any.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM

105 posts, read 438,299 times
Winters can be cold, sometimes with alot of snow, sometimes with very. We can get into the single digits, wind chills below zero. Summers can hot and humid, but you do get use to. As with any town city, we have had layoffs of businesses, haven't heard very much on people losing homes. Crime rate is not bad. Not sure what it is for sure. We do have the college, a new hospital going in across from the walmart store south of town. The steel foundry is putting up new buildings to make way for the new bridge. I hope that when you move, you will like it.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,230 times
Hi! Atchison is really great, I recommend it 100%. I go to the Benedictine College right in town and have fallen in love. I come from a big city in Florida and this small town atmosphere is divine. I feel completely safe all the time. Since I moved from a warm climate I rate the winter weather pretty chilly but, thats just my opinion. Yesterday it snowed about seven inches but I believe that is rare. The summers are wonderfully beautiful and the humidity is not unbearable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas