Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 12:53 PM

16 posts, read 31,825 times

Advertisements

I have to tell you I happened upon this whole city data forum today when I was searching for a business in my old College town Hays, and noticed a link to a forum to get info about Hays. I bit and clicked the link and was treated to a small collection of hateful spiteful comments about Hays and the Hays area and the residents thereof.Modcut- calling out a moderator/inflamatory How about giving out the positive info about KS instead? I've lived in 10 states now and been to 83 large cities in this country for a month or more on business. There are good and bad things about every place I go but I always seem to remember the good ones. It's not that hard if you try.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 04-25-2010 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM

48 posts, read 334,785 times
I so agree with you. I am not even from Kansas but have lived in Kansas for the past 6 years and I get tired of the bashing also. I think its what you make of it, I found the positive in Kansas but so many people would rather list the bad things but oh well. I was born in Maryland and even to go to the grocery store you had to dress up but once I got to Kansas I noticed it was more laid back and I really enjoyed that. But once I went back to Maryland I was definitely under dressed compared to everyone else wearing their name brand clothes. People in Kansas in my opinion are the most real people you will ever meet. Their is nothing fake about them and they don't feel the need to impress people with the way they dress or what they can afford. Kansas is laid back and I loved it very much.

Now were in Colorado Springs (the big city) and I really miss the slower pace of kansas. I'm so over whelmed with traffic, Interstates, and highways here.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
I think mountains are stupid, who made them anyway? and the ocean, big deal. all that water and you can't even drink it.

Just thought I would try to get into the head of a basher of states.......dosen't work for me.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:40 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think mountains are stupid, who made them anyway? and the ocean, big deal. all that water and you can't even drink it.

Just thought I would try to get into the head of a basher of states.......dosen't work for me.
The Appalachian mountain roads are so fun to drive on, though I can meander down Squirrel Hollow road and then take a left on Cave Creek Hollow.
I think those are actual names of roads I have been on in TN.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,607,911 times
I have recommended many towns and things in KS. Some can only see things as black or white. THREAD CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: