Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:05 AM

433 posts, read 965,530 times

Advertisements

We are considering this place for our 8 night stay in November.
What do you think about the area? about the place?

Please let us know asap

thank you SO much in advance!

http://www.kauai-honeymoon.com/

Last edited by Evidence-is-key; 07-11-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 AM

1,046 posts, read 4,903,639 times
Default No Name Listed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
We are considering this place for our 8 night stay in November.
What do you think about the area? about the place?

Please let us know asap

thank you SO much in advance!
Can we get a hint WHICH PLACE you're considering?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot? View Post
Can we get a hint WHICH PLACE you're considering?
oh i'm sorry. lol lol
i forgot the link!

please see above.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,597,848 times
I wish I could help you I havnt been there yet but it looks like a nice property . Try to figure out how much time you will be in your room and on the property . You will spend most of your time around the island exploring .

Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,572 times
That is pretty far north and the roads up there are narrower and a bit twisty as well as one lane bridges. So if you don't mind being in a remote area with a drive to town it is a beautiful place with some great beaches close by. November is the start of the rainy season and the north can get allot of rain. It can be hit or miss. I have been to Kauai more times then i can count and usually stay on the west side in the winter months. Feel free to PM me for some west side places.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddber View Post
That is pretty far north and the roads up there are narrower and a bit twisty as well as one lane bridges. So if you don't mind being in a remote area with a drive to town it is a beautiful place with some great beaches close by. November is the start of the rainy season and the north can get allot of rain. It can be hit or miss. I have been to Kauai more times then i can count and usually stay on the west side in the winter months. Feel free to PM me for some west side places.
PMed you.
we heard Hanalei area is the nicest/prettiest. plus, we'll be travelling all over the island anyway....so even if we stay on the west/south side, we'll still want to go to the north. no?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:20 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,464,412 times
I would not stay in Haena in November. If you want to stay on the North Shore, do not stay past Princeville. The weather can be agreeable and nice, but often times its not. The thing about Haena/Wainiha is that often the bridges flood out and you can get stuck in that area until the flooding has subsided. This happens at least once or twice a year in the winter months (at least since I moved here). It may likely not happen during your stay, but how would you like it if you got stuck in Haena during your trip? I would chose one of the condos in Princeville. If you want to explore the whole island, you might grow tired of having to travel the 1-1.5 hour trip to the south side and therefore want to consider the east side. The south side would give you a better shot at good weather (but like I said, it could be beautiful in November in Hanalei, ya never know!)

Old 07-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Oh my goodness.....
we are SOOOOO confused now!

we don't know where to get our hotel....everyone says something different! :-(

hanalei is beautiful....but the rain.....but poipu is sunnier but it's far from everything else.......

is there a beautiful place with nice weather that's close to everything or at least in the middle of all attactions? :-)

Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM

72 posts, read 347,060 times
We stayed in the town of Kapaa because we find it centrally located. It's between the north shore and Poipu. We stayed here and loved it but there are a few other resorts that are a bit cheaper in the same location. All of the hotels are walking distance to Coconut Marketplace which is convenient for running to the ABC/Whalers store or eating out.

Kauai Resort for Leisure Vacations and Travel to Hawaii

It's called the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy...but I believe there is an Aston and a Resort Quest located nearby.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:19 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,903,639 times
I've mentioned before that I'm on Maui, so not the best reference for specifics on Kauai, but I think you'd get better advice if we knew what you're really looking for.

Are you a surfer looking for waves? (North shore of Kauai might be fine -- surfers will go out in almost any weather if there are waves.)

Or are you planning to spend several days on a sunny beach, then spend some time "exploring" the island? (If so, you might be happier at Poipu or the Wailua/Kapa'a area where there's less chance of rain.)

Depending upon where you're visiting from, we possibly have a different perception of "bad weather" than you might. We live near beaches and in tropical weather year-round, so what you might call "rainy" we might call "a shower." What you think is "warm," we might call "hot." I laugh at the number of locals I see in Polartec when the temperatures drop into the 70s here.

And what kinds of "attractions" are you looking for? Hanalei is not exactly a metropolis. It's a quaint little village with a few stores and restaurants. There are a few more at Princeville, etc. Even Lihue is a middling-sized town by mainland standards. (No offense to Kauai, Maui is much the same, only with more high rises and traffic, BTW.) IMHO, many of Kauai's best "attractions" are its amazing geographical and natural destinations that are spread all over the island.

Maybe if you share a little more of your ideal vacation image, you'll get more precise recommendations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai