Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,575,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Ears...If YOU didn't see them, does that mean they wasn't there?

Besides, if it has been over 10 years since you were there...statute of limitation's have ran out, you have no case.
HiBall, excellent point!

Poor ElectricEars....I roll my eyes at his posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM

298 posts, read 596,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Easy. Luke ties one end of the string to the bumper of the old Dodge Charger (which sits on blocks on the front lawn of waist high weeds). Granny, holding the other end of the string, sits in the family pick-up, and off they go. When the string runs out Granny elbows the driver as a signal to stop. They have to decide to go without any guidance or to follow the string back home.
I wonder how much string is needed to get to Panama Beach?
Some how I thought you would say something like that.

Oh yah...what's a Panama Beach?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Some how I thought you would say something like that.

Oh yah...what's a Panama Beach?
That location in the Redneck Riviera. Maybe Panama City?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,575,584 times
Quote:
You sure you're not IrishTom?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:09 PM

298 posts, read 596,267 times
Quote:
Never heard of it...The only panama I ever heard of was that big ditch them fellers diged a few yers back from one side of the ocean to the tuther...reckin all the water from one side will drain over to the tuther? I've noticed my water hole gettin low.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Why travel? Don't get me wrong I love traveling to other places. And I haven't needed a string to get home in years! Did you know that Kentucky offers the greatest length of navigable waterways and streams in the entire lower 48 with more than 90,000 miles? It’s true. Kentucky is also the only state in the country to be bordered by rivers on three sides. (Land between the Lakes Kentucky - Kentucky Lake Marinas). There's a lot I haven't seen here yet. Living in western Kentucky I've been able to enjoy both Kentucky and Barkley Lakes plus the Land Between the Lakes. If you're a Civil War buff, check out Columbus Belmont State Park, overlooking the Mississippi River. Ladies, you might enjoy the National Quilting Museum in Paducah. Just make sure you drive along the floodwall and see the murals painted on each section showing the history of Paducah. I don't want to carry on too much but there is plenty more to see from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green to the distilleries around Bardstown (my wife liked the free sample at the Jim Beam distillery! lol). I'm not that familiar with eastern Kentucky but I know there's plenty to see in that end of the Commonwealth too!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Why travel? Don't get me wrong I love traveling to other places. And I haven't needed a string to get home in years! Did you know that Kentucky offers the greatest length of navigable waterways and streams in the entire lower 48 with more than 90,000 miles? It’s true. Kentucky is also the only state in the country to be bordered by rivers on three sides. (Land between the Lakes Kentucky - Kentucky Lake Marinas). There's a lot I haven't seen here yet. Living in western Kentucky I've been able to enjoy both Kentucky and Barkley Lakes plus the Land Between the Lakes. If you're a Civil War buff, check out Columbus Belmont State Park, overlooking the Mississippi River. Ladies, you might enjoy the National Quilting Museum in Paducah. Just make sure you drive along the floodwall and see the murals painted on each section showing the history of Paducah. I don't want to carry on too much but there is plenty more to see from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green to the distilleries around Bardstown (my wife liked the free sample at the Jim Beam distillery! lol). I'm not that familiar with eastern Kentucky but I know there's plenty to see in that end of the Commonwealth too!
Check out the"Explore Kentucky" web site, Best Places to Go on Vacation - Affordable Vacation Ideas

Old 10-31-2010, 08:55 PM

822 posts, read 3,004,098 times
In my previous life when things were just more optimistic and I could focus more externally, I travelled quite a bit. That's an understatement, I lived overseas for 3 years and traveled for work overseas (and in high school went to multiple continents).

Lack of travel relates to a lack of resources (99% financial, 1% intellect ual) ... if you are trying to keep the water on, then travel and exploration of other cultures is meaningless, frivolous, somewhat irrelevant.

To be able to travel and to explore intellectual matters, you need a level of basic security, and this is mainly financial but relates to education and what not. When you're broke, you're struggling to pay bills and survive ... when you have resources (and/or are young and unemcumbered) you can live in a higher plane. [I've moved around in these planes!].

Now ... you could be wealthy and still not travel, but that relates to culture.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:07 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,903,307 times
How come I don't see many cars around here with plates from Maine?

The bottom line is, who gives a #$%@!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:19 PM

871 posts, read 2,249,534 times
this reminds of how you think that you can conclude that a whole city is "rude" based off of being there for a day and meeting a few rude people. not sure what it is about you that always tries to put everything into little stereotypical boxes, but its a habit you ought to break.

just thinking about my immediate kentuckian family, we travel all the time. europe, south america, israel, all over. i even have family memers that recently drove cross-country to alaska. i know plenty of other people around here who have gone on trips to south america, europe, NYC, DC, and plenty of places.

i have no idea how you think that not seeing any UK hats hats while you were wherever you were is a legitimate way to draw a conclusion like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky