Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beilart View Post
And don't forget the covette museum. which I personally think is pretty awesome. My 8 year old grand daughter thinks so as well since she got to sit in a fancy corevette and have tons of photos taken. She even picked out the one she wants grandma to buy for her. Poor little disadvantaged grandchild. No vette for her, grandma first!

Beilart I should have mentioned that since this is Vette City. Thanks for adding it. The corvettes have brought a lot of fun events to this city and a lot of revenue for business owners too! Your granddaughter has good taste!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,828,741 times
I appreciate all the good suggestions. I'm into the arts and crafts, and there are some interesting communities in KY (Berea, etc) that I'll be checking out on a trip to KY. Thanks for all the good info.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
I appreciate all the good suggestions. I'm into the arts and crafts, and there are some interesting communities in KY (Berea, etc) that I'll be checking out on a trip to KY. Thanks for all the good info.

You are welcome, you will love the Berea area for the arts and crafts. I like that sort of thing also.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:13 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,922,571 times
There are many weekend festivals and fairs in Kentucky in the fall, and the Berea fall crafts fair is outstanding. It's usually in early October - check out the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen for more info. There's also a wonderful Artisan Center just off I-75 at Berea, but that's just a start, as many more shops and galleries in in Berea proper, particularly on The Square on Chestnut Street around Boone Tavern Hotel (which deserves another post all to itself), and in Old Town, near the old train station/visitors' center which is now undergoing renovation. Berea College is noted for handicrafts and offers tours. The college also owns and operates The Log House, not far from Boone Tavern and filled with beautiful handmade items for sale.

The annual Celebration of Traditional Music will be held on a late-October weekend in Berea - might be a good time to check out the town, if you enjoy old-time Appalachian-rooted music. The weekend includes concerts, workshops, jam sessions and more.

I think you can tell I love Berea...:-)

Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 PM

407 posts, read 1,265,527 times
I have grown to love Berea myself and usually try to visit a couple of times a month. I really enjoy the dulcimer maker and there is a weaving shop that gets most of my money, that is, when Fishwisdom Beads isn't having a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
There are many weekend festivals and fairs in Kentucky in the fall, and the Berea fall crafts fair is outstanding. It's usually in early October - check out the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen for more info. There's also a wonderful Artisan Center just off I-75 at Berea, but that's just a start, as many more shops and galleries in in Berea proper, particularly on The Square on Chestnut Street around Boone Tavern Hotel (which deserves another post all to itself), and in Old Town, near the old train station/visitors' center which is now undergoing renovation. Berea College is noted for handicrafts and offers tours. The college also owns and operates The Log House, not far from Boone Tavern and filled with beautiful handmade items for sale.

The annual Celebration of Traditional Music will be held on a late-October weekend in Berea - might be a good time to check out the town, if you enjoy old-time Appalachian-rooted music. The weekend includes concerts, workshops, jam sessions and more.

I think you can tell I love Berea...:-)

Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,922,571 times
Weaver's Bottom, in Old Town! Good friends of mine own the place, and make and sell all sorts of woven goods, plus cornshuck crafts and recently, "fairy houses" made from natural materials. They always have something new and intriguing for sale. Check out their offerings of CDs for children, too, by a family member who's an awardwinning Canadian musician. Good stuff, all around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky