Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2006, 11:05 PM

26 posts, read 135,336 times

Advertisements

This is going to a very big change for our family. My children are involved in many activities here and we'd like to be able to keep them in the same things after we move.

I'd like to know specific names of dance studios, gymnastics facilities, soccer associations, etc. When I do a general search on the Internet, I don't get anything specific.

Also, we only visited Buckner briefly and didn't get to check out other specifics such as the nearest grocery store, Target, etc.

If anyone can provide information with lots of details, I'd really, really appreciate it. As I said, I'm nervous about this move and hope to make it an easy transition for our whole family.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,227 times
Try oldhamcounty.com. Shopping amenities in Buckner are limited, however, Kroger, Target, Super Wal-mart and other typical suburban sprawl establishments are hardly 10 minutes away off the Snyder in Louisville. LaGrange is roughly the same distance up 71 and offers Super-Walmart and Kroger with lighter traffic and has a well preserved, small town city-center. I am not familiar with local childrens' sports programs and so-forth, but Oldham County is your typical upper-middle class suburban county comprised mostly of families and packed schools, so I am sure there is no shortage of childrens' activities. I do know that Buckner has a fairly new YMCA and a soccer park with an indoor arena. As far as education goes, realtors can't say enough about the schools.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:38 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,327,813 times
Welcome to Buckner! I recommend these websites for your information sources.

www.oldhamcounty.com
www.oldhamcountychamber.com
www.thoroughbredsoccer.com
www.crestwoodbaptist.org

Old 09-27-2006, 04:04 PM

5 posts, read 18,295 times
Default Welcome to Oldham County

Hi Oliver,

Try these for more specifics: www.Studio4dance.com (Located in LaGrange, right outside of Buckner..only about 5 min. down Hwy. 53 to Main St. LaGRange)
www.aaksports.com (broken link) (Located in east jefferson county about 25min. from Buckner)
www.ymcalouisville.org (A YMCA is located in Buckner and does offer a soccer program but may also be able to give you information on other soccer programs in the county)

There is also a place in PeeWee Valley (Outside of crestwood, 10 min. from Buckner) called The Dancers Point that offers dance classes, I can't find a website on them and I would love to offer you their number but I've allready gotten one post deleted on here for giving out numbers so I'd say check whitepages.com and see if you can find it there if you'd like to have it.

You might also be interested in checking out oldhamera.com which is our local newspaper to get to know whats going on in our county, wave3.com is also a good website for local news so you can see what is going on in your new area!

Good luck on your move, I was raised and still reside in Oldham County and I love it here, it is a great place to raise a family. You have nothing to worry about I think we are pretty friendly and family oriented here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: