Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 04:17 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Just in case I get side tracked between now and Christmas....Merry Christmas to all you good folks out there. And a happy New Year...I sure hope it's going to be better than the old one.

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas from Eastern Ohio! Did y'all have a white Christmas too? We had almost FIVE INCHES! It's beautiful!

I hope this year is better for our neighbors to the South. I mean 2020? What WAS that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 03:42 AM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Merry Christmas from Eastern Ohio! Did y'all have a white Christmas too? We had almost FIVE INCHES! It's beautiful!

I hope this year is better for our neighbors to the South. I mean 2020? What WAS that?
Hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas Sheena! Yes, we had a white Christmas...snowed on and off little bits, only had 2 inches here in Lexington but it was really pretty and nice. I love snow! (Especially when I don't have to go someplace!)

Old 12-28-2020, 07:46 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,294 times
Talking Thank you for thread & wishes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
If I don't catch up you all tomorrow...Have a Merry Christmas!!

Wishing EVERYONE in this thread, & everyone reading this

A HAPPY, MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON, A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!!!

CHEERS & BLESSINGS EVERYONE!!

Old 12-30-2020, 04:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Happy New Year to all my fellow Kentuckians and those who also love my native state/Commonwealth!

Following a quiet but happy White Christmas Day, I plan to celebrate virtually tomorrow night, with greetings to and from far-flung and local friends in abundance.

Wishing ALL of us a peaceful, healthy, and productive New Year.

Hail, 2021!

Old 12-24-2021, 09:54 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,385 times
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. Especially to all the good folks out West...I think of you all daily.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:25 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Merry Christmas, hogs! Hope everybody had a good day today. Yesterday was a special Christmas at our house. Most of my wife's family is in Trigg and Christian County but she hardly ever gets to see any of them. They're all "too busy". But yesterday, when she thought just one of her granddaughters and her family were coming, that granddaughter teamed up with three of the other four grands around there, along with all the great grand kids (8!) and my step son and his wife, to all show up at the same time. I haven't seen my wife smile that much in a long long time.
So if you have relatives who live not that far away from you, make sure you at least let them know you're thinking of them and wish them a Merry Christmas.
If any of you can get a copy of today's Louisville Courier Journal, check out the story on page one about the joint Christmas Eve communion service with the Christian and Presbyterian churches. The service was in a parking lot between the two destroyed church buildings. My wife has taken all this pretty hard and I think the service really helped her out.

Old 12-26-2021, 04:06 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Merry Christmas, hogs! Hope everybody had a good day today. Yesterday was a special Christmas at our house. Most of my wife's family is in Trigg and Christian County but she hardly ever gets to see any of them. They're all "too busy". But yesterday, when she thought just one of her granddaughters and her family were coming, that granddaughter teamed up with three of the other four grands around there, along with all the great grand kids (8!) and my step son and his wife, to all show up at the same time. I haven't seen my wife smile that much in a long long time.
So if you have relatives who live not that far away from you, make sure you at least let them know you're thinking of them and wish them a Merry Christmas.
If any of you can get a copy of today's Louisville Courier Journal, check out the story on page one about the joint Christmas Eve communion service with the Christian and Presbyterian churches. The service was in a parking lot between the two destroyed church buildings. My wife has taken all this pretty hard and I think the service really helped her out.
I saw that story, it was very touching. I can’t imagine the loss so many in the area feel but am glad your wife found some healing.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post

I saw that story online and it was quite moving.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...256845102.html

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...le/8924823002/

(There is a photo that you can click that shows a photo gallery of the event, you might want to check it and see if it has your wife's photo in it)

I can't even begin to imagine what you all went through.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 12-26-2021 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-23-2022, 10:40 PM

A very Merry Christmas to you all and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!

Old 12-24-2023, 06:21 PM

Murry Christmas to all you good folks out there and a Happy new Year to youns as well.

hogs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky