Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 PM

5 posts, read 9,995 times

Advertisements

Interesting, honestly I came to believe in God because of Science,Logic and Reason.

Last edited by Dean Spence; 07-17-2010 at 09:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 AM

5 posts, read 9,995 times
Here is a private message That I just received from someone whom I do not know. They do not receive private messages..so here it is..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlDente
I think you are misinformed... there is no proof of any God but it's like trying to teach a horse to talk... not going to happen to most people from Kentucky or any other slummy souther state! Keep believing in your fairy tale. You have nothing but faith... proves nothing!
My response is very simple and easy to understand...

Your first words are the key.. "I Think".. your right! It is merely your opinion. So keep believing your "Fairy Tale". Oh yes, there is much evidence, but I feel no need to prove to you, what has been proven to me. It will happen, but not on my schedule. Hope your attitude changes, about many things. Interesting however the amount of distain your comment reflects...wonder where that comes from?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM

80 posts, read 198,636 times
I was born in Louisville and raised in Bullitt County. A year ago, 10th of July 2009, I left for the Navy. Since then I've lived in Illinois, Florida, spent about a month in Texas, and am now living in Virginia. I have only been home twice since I've left. I never though I would have missed home as much as I do now. In my opinion Kentucky is the best place in the world. Its simple, everybody knows everybody, beautiful country, friendly people, fun city, the drivers aren't near as bad in Kentucky as they are in Virginia Beach and neither is the traffic, even in Louisville. Lexington is currently on Forbes top 10 cities list for business and careers. I don't really know where else I'm trying to go with this but I love Kentucky more than any place I've been so far and cannot wait to return to stay and unless I get a really good job opportunity elsewhere I don't plan on leaving.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM

180 posts, read 596,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Somerset is "desirable." You clearly don't know Somerset. It's desirable enough to have Waitsboro Estates. (Try to find a neighborhood this fancy in Lexington) I'm not going to explain that to you, find out yourself. It has one of the nicest lakes in the state. The Ohio people are crazy enough to drive down here in droves every summer just to go there....

Whoa, wait a minute here. Any other time, I would agree with you about what you say because you're typically spot on. But saying what you did about Lexington and wealthy neighborhoods had my hair standing on end. Lexington is a much, much, MUCH more wealthier city than Somerset will ever be and there are a TON of restored homes close to downtown around "Transy" that are works of art. Lexington may have a healthy ton or two of "McMansions", but head in town and you'll find some of the finest neighborhoods in the state of Kentucky hands down. Comparing the two is just funny at the least. Somerset is a decent mid-sized town and that's really about it. Now I say this with a great deal of respect for Somerset.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:44 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
Whoa, wait a minute here. Any other time, I would agree with you about what you say because you're typically spot on. But saying what you did about Lexington and wealthy neighborhoods had my hair standing on end. Lexington is a much, much, MUCH more wealthier city than Somerset will ever be and there are a TON of restored homes close to downtown around "Transy" that are works of art. Lexington may have a healthy ton or two of "McMansions", but head in town and you'll find some of the finest neighborhoods in the state of Kentucky hands down. Comparing the two is just funny at the least. Somerset is a decent mid-sized town and that's really about it. Now I say this with a great deal of respect for Somerset.
Umm, obviously you haven't been to Waitsboro Estates in Somerset. Huge houses and incredible views of Lake Cumberland. You will not find that anywhere in Lexington....

I know what I'm talking about thank you...

I am aware that Lexington has a lot of nice homes, more than Somerset. I'm simply talking about one incredible neighborhood in Somerset.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,580 times
I moved from Richmond Ky. to Northern California because of all the drugs and nasty living there.Yes everybody thinks California as being one of the biggest drug places in the world, but I moved to the mountians in northern Cali. and I can promise you it is the most beautiful place without all the drugs and crimes you'll ever find.Yes it is very high cost of living here, but if you want a better life for yourself and children it is well worth the struggle.Kentucky is a big trap, if the druggys aint trapping you into their circle then the state will find a way to break you down and get you involved in it.I never want to ever go back.I did a lot of time in prison for my own stupid mistakes there, but I am doing very good now staying clean and finally living a life.All my family lives in Richmond and I hate not seeing them, but I know if I did in the shape their in, I would only be looking at the person I once was and that hurts to know I was like that now.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 AM

116 posts, read 212,422 times
Is this true about Richmond, KY? We're seriously considering moving there with our teenage daughters. I don't want to live in a place that's full of drugs, crimes, etc. Is this true of Berea also?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post
Is this true about Richmond, KY? We're seriously considering moving there with our teenage daughters. I don't want to live in a place that's full of drugs, crimes, etc. Is this true of Berea also?

Goodness no....Richmond is one of Kentucky's fastest growing towns. Drugs exist everywhere, but it's not something to worry about in Richmond. So you haven't been to Richmond? It's a nice town. People have some interesting perceptions about certain regions......odd.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:23 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Goodness no....Richmond is one of Kentucky's fastest growing towns. Drugs exist everywhere, but it's not something to worry about in Richmond. So you haven't been to Richmond? It's a nice town. People have some interesting perceptions about certain regions......odd.
Richmond is a dump. Drugs aren't widespread in the town, but the town itself sucks. The predominant reason people move there is b/c it's close to Lexington and housing is cheaper than Lexington.

Indeed, people have different perceptions. That is, in fact, one of...

(Source: http://www.diceproductions.co.uk/new...ife-scroll.png)

Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Richmond is a dump. Drugs aren't widespread in the town, but the town itself sucks. The predominant reason people move there is b/c it's close to Lexington and housing is cheaper than Lexington.

Indeed, people have different perceptions. That is, in fact, one of...

(Source: http://www.diceproductions.co.uk/new...ife-scroll.png)
Wow, there's Mr. Negative again. What's up with the scroll???

Sorry but dumb comment, grow up. Learn to be positive, you'll feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky