Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:05 PM

9 posts, read 32,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMerrill View Post
I'm sure it's advise if she'd advised not to send kids to poorly funded schools, but throwing an extreme racial slur in the mix to fill in for the word "poverty" just gives me a hint of the economic and social air, and is, by all means, a racial comment.
It is a racial comment but there are some rural people in this area that never escaped the 50's too. There are small towns around here where there are no African Americans(examples: Marshall county is 98.1% white, Ballard county 94.9% white, Livingston county 98% white). There are racist around here but there are also a lot of people who just don't know better. Neither is the type of person you want to spend a lot of time with but there is a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,169 times
I have lived in paducah for 10 years and have 3 children. My oldest is in 1 st grade and we have now tried 4 different schools and havent found one that gives the personalized attention we are looking for. Yes there are private christain schools but i dont have two thousand a year to send him to one. The downtown are is full of culture, festivals and fun...also drugs. The police try to get a handle on the drugs to no avail. I am moving so i dont have to raise my kids in a town that is racsist (not everyone) and that doesnt grow their own drugs...please visit before moving here, looks can be VERY deciving

Old 04-10-2011, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,129 times
I grew up on the east coast, and I have lived in the midwest. I now live in Paducah. I'm moderate in both politics and religion, and I am just not fitting in here. It is VERY conservative. I have moved many times, and I never had an issue fitting in somewhere. This place is very different. You might like it, but I'd take a look first before deciding.

The natives are very friendly and polite, and it is nice to live among people with manners. I have met some lovely people, but they are very conservative. They seem to lack motivation to change. They like the world as it was in maybe 1960, LOL. Everyone smokes even!!! I'm not saying it's a bad place, but it's just not "my" place. To each their own.

Last edited by kymomto3kids; 04-10-2011 at 04:55 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 04:33 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymomto3kids View Post
I'm sure the orginal poster looking for info on Paducah has made their decision, but this is for anyone reading this looking for the same information today. If you are not white, extremely conservative, Baptist bible belt type don't consider moving here. I am from the east coast, and I thought maybe I was a little conservative. Compared to those who live here, I am liberal!!!!! I have lived in the midwest and the east coast in many different places, and I always fit in. NOT HERE. I am sorry to say that while there are some lovely people, the majority is very racist and small minded. I was shocked when a neighbor put a rebel flag on his front lawn. UGH....looking for a job elsewhere.

Aside from the huge culture shock, there is little to do here. There is also no modern grocery store. The Krogers in the area are dirty, old and poorly stocked. SuperWalmart is the most modern, but well it's walmart and not what I think of as having high quality produce, meats or seafood (all frozen here...NOTHING fresh). The mall is nice, but that's IT. The Kentucky lake is lovely, but it is not developed in any way. I lived on the shores of 2 great lakes, and well there were public beaches, playgrounds, parks, bathhouses...you name it. NONE of that here. It could be developed into something wonderful, but the people in the area seem very unmotivated.

One last thing I have learned from living here, they bury the "bad" news. From the local tv news to the newspaper, they have tendency to not investigate anything negative. It's the "good ole boy" system for sure.

Oh and if you do end up here.....stay in Paducah or McCracken County. The Klan is still alive and well in the surround rural counties. Very scarey bunch out there and I'm white! I'd hate to be a minority or gay here.
There are several reasons to not live in Paducah. Hell, look at the latest census numbers. No one is moving there, hardly anyway.

You should have moved to Murray.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM

65 posts, read 133,450 times
I am glad the liberals (yes, you ARE liberals) have clearly pointed out the absolutely WONDERFUL racial health and self-awareness of this area, in that Whites (who know they are the REAL Americans) are not cowed by the BS propaganda that masquerades as 'tolerance' and 'compassion.' THIS type of town is the America of HISTORY, and not the pseudo-Amerika of the last effing 50 years of multiculti marxist malarkey! Multiculturalism be damned. I am sick and tired of the pompous ASSES that dare to presume they speak as the voice of God, on these matters!!! (Cuz I talk to the man upstairs daily, and he's NOT a universalist!)

The Stars and Bars is no more a 'racist flag,' than the Star of David is for Israel (but then, does anyone EVER ask the Palestinians that question- or question by what right Israel can claim racial supremacism, while denying it to the 'Goyim' of the world? No, and there is where the liberal charade falls apart, from the get-go). And anyone who doesn't know why the South fought against Lincoln's empire-building, is probably the same sort who ooohed and aaaahed, when the Great Plagiarizer's statue was unveiled on the Mall recently, and the spawn of that adulterous womanizer couldn't even tell who signed the Constitution!!!

Clearly, the 'post-racial Prez' y'all elected in your stoned "messiah complex" state (you liberals), has been the MOST racist individual known to this nation- but as Horowitz recently noted, "most Anglos won't say this for fear of being called the 'r' word." He's right. But more and more of us don't actually give a DAMN what you think, by smearing someone with the 'racist' lie. We've seen the evil men do, and blacks do more than most, and are therefore, more guilty!

By his executive orders, Obama HIMSELF is the most bigoted, self-serving individual on the planet: and Eric 'my people' Holder's consistent mismanagement of the AG's office, is nothing less than a third world dictator mentality. By Obama mandating racial quotas for services that already have high numbers of minorities ...and are failing thereby (USPS); by the Newsmedia acting as lapdog to same; and consciously ignoring the facts of black-on-white crime being 10-1 greater for Blacks, and by blacks just 'acting black' (even discounting low intelligence and lack of employment...they do what they do, because they DO what they do!) and by saying that SB1070 in AZ is 'unconstitutional,' this Bolshevik crowd merely has stripped the masks off the very incivil Caucophobes (Hate Whitey types) - both black AND white, that infest our land! As James Edwards' new book is called, 'Racism, SCHMASISM!'
It's all smoke and mirrors to take our money, our best and brightest, and try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. And, after fifty years, and riots at state fairs this summer, and cries for 'more handouts,' I'm sayin' here, "We're DONE."

I was concerned that a less than 80% White populace such as Paducah would be a hotbed of 'flash mobs' waiting to happen, should I decide to move here. But with healthy attitudes like that exhibited by morally aware (thou shalt NOT commit ADULTERY- i.e., adulterating the race by miscegenation, condemned in every line of Holy Writ) waitresses and other 'hoi poloi,' and with even MORE ethnically segregated communities in the rural hinterlands around there, I find these commensensical 'common man and woman' types (so disparaged on this forum) a refreshing change. Their honesty would make me HAPPY to move there, as a self-aware White Man, who has a doctorate, and speaks four foreign languages fluently, and is PROUD of the achievements of my race, who has finally awakened from this Matrix induced slumber called Liberal America! For I would teach these white country folk to be even MORE racially conscious, in order that they might KNOW our race; to arm them with the facts that would topple every single element of the last sixty years, and be glad in the doing of it! And, frankly, I would rather be with these White Chrisitans who know that their religion is the 'White Man's religion, than in any of the utterly BORING perversities of 'multiculti/multi-faithless hellholes' scattered around the globe, that are ALL THE SAME- whether London, Paris, Berlin, NYC, LA, or Chi-town. Cuz they're all going down, the day the EBT stops working.... Deo Volente!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky