Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstLookin View Post
I'm looking for mountain land and came across very cheap Sneedville property. What is wrong with the area, why is it so cheap? Will this be the new Western NC soon? Is it a good time to buy? Anywhere else in East TN this cheap?
I live on the upper end. Land goes for appro. $1000 an acre. Reason it is cheap. They only have one factory there. You have to drive to Morristown Tn or Kingsport
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM
jps

79 posts, read 391,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelldreed View Post
... the mysterious Melungeon's...
I just found out about the Melungeons. Wow. Fascinating.

Welcome to the Melungeon Heritage Association Website | Melungeon Heritage Association (http://melungeon.org/node/2 - broken link)

Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
My dad was probably Melungeon - that side of the family lived in Wise Co VA and Harlan Co KY

Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 11,408 times
Hello, wanted to say I have visited Sneedville several times and we finally decided to leave the crowding of Florida for a home in the Clinch Mtns, If you want peace and quite and to get to know your neighbors and have friends , you could never pass this up it is beautiful and quite, we have met more people and made more friends in that area than over 20 years of living in Florida, By the month of April our new home is going to be Sneedville and I can say that I can not wait,,,,

Old 03-22-2008, 03:12 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvglenn View Post
Hello, wanted to say I have visited Sneedville several times and we finally decided to leave the crowding of Florida for a home in the Clinch Mtns, If you want peace and quite and to get to know your neighbors and have friends , you could never pass this up it is beautiful and quite, we have met more people and made more friends in that area than over 20 years of living in Florida, By the month of April our new home is going to be Sneedville and I can say that I can not wait,,,,
Congratulations! Keep us posted on your move. My hubby and I are hoping to retire there in the next 5 or 6 years. We want to get away from it all.........

Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvglenn View Post
Hello and Congratulations! May your move go as smooth as silk. Please let us know when you are settled. And, we will want pics of course!

Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,446 times
Sneeeeeeeeeedville.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 AM

13 posts, read 38,603 times
From what I've read, Sneedville seems somewhat isolated. I have a picture of Snuffy Smith living in a rickety old cabin.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjayne57 View Post
From what I've read, Sneedville seems somewhat isolated. I have a picture of Snuffy Smith living in a rickety old cabin.
I hope so. I also hope it's about 30 years behind the times and conservative. Does anyone know if it is? I'm ready to go back in time and escape the liberal madness of where I live. I spent 20 years in Texas where people where conservative but friendly. When they said they'd do something, they'd do it and they didn't shove their political views down your throat. Now I've found myself surrounded by those that want to control their neighbors on the East Coast. I enjoy nature, don't need the mall and want to be left alone. I like target practice and riding my horses and just sitting and listening to the birds. I appreciate good neighbors and am happy to wave and smile and lend a helping hand but I don't want them in my business all the time. Is Sneedville for me?

Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 11,408 times
Talking My move to Sneedville

We just got moved here from Florida and it is "how do you describe beauty, layed back, friendly and there when you need them but not in your back pocket all the time" I have found Sneedville to be friendly, helpful, courtous, and gracious. When we finally found our piece of the mtns we met many down home folks and they all said the day we move here they would be here to help us unpack,,,,,well they kept their word, as we were driving down the hollow to our neck of the woods in a big Penske Truck we picked up 4 fourwheelers behind us and as we turned into our driveway I got out of the car and noticed we had accumlated 7 fourwheelers all with big smiles and hello's and ready to unpack our truck and even brought us dinner that night....Now would someone tell me where in Fla that would have occured? In the evening we have a nice fire beside our Creek and listen to the peace, no sirens, no fighting neighbors and no hot cement,,, Regrets NEVER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol