Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,808 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for housing for the next year as I will be working at Indian path in Kingsport. I have scourged the web, and am having trouble finding places for a decent price online. We prefer to have a furnished place since we will only be living there for one year, but we can work around that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ps. we really really wanted a loft, but we can't seem to have much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
What you're looking for does not exist in Kingsport. Most rentals are done through the local papers or word of mouth/driving around.

Furnished rentals are much more expensive and there doesn't seem to be a lot of them available anywhere.

There were some buildings downtown that could make excellent lofts, but I don't know if much has come of it. As far as I know, there aren't any (or very few) lofts in Kingsport. I think Johnson City has more. The downtown seemed to be more active a few years ago than it is today. You also have to put with the pollution and smells from Eastman and Domtar if you live downtown.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:03 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,301 times
I don't know what your price range is but there's a fully furnished 2 BR, 1.5 BA townhouse in Ridgefields listed at $750/mo; it's easy to find online. That townhouse is about 10-12 min. from Indian Path and would be a good area in which to live, with the river & Greenbelt nearby.

Crosscreek & Brandy Mill Apartments are both quite nice and very close to IPMC. One option would be to buy enough used furniture to get by for a year, then resell or give it away.

FWIW, there are several dozen loft apartments in downtown Kingsport, but this is the only one w/ a website that I'm aware of.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,808 times
Thank you both for your help. My husband and I will probably try to make a trip next week to try and drive around the area and make some appointments. If either or you (or anyone) has more info, please throw them our way! We could use all the help we can get

Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
The Medical Education Coordinator at IPMC that works with the D.O. program (I assume that is what you are attending) is a wonderful lady and resource. Don't be afraid to reach out to her and ask her for assistance. There is an online classifieds for IPMC that is closed to the public that might have some rentals.

Kamo gave you some great advice. Brandy Mill is so awesome of a location (anything close to Guiseppe's Restaurant is a plus in my book too, lol) so don't worry about the furnished. There really are ways to furnish a place rather economically.

Good luck. IPMC is a unique community hospital with a good medical staff. You will have a good year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol