Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:28 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,640 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to NewAdventure? I'm curious if she made the move or not. My wife and I are coming up for different reasons. We really like Jacksonville, but just fell in love with the Tri-Cities area and decided it was time to make the move.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:01 AM

11 posts, read 72,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
Whatever happened to NewAdventure? I'm curious if she made the move or not. My wife and I are coming up for different reasons. We really like Jacksonville, but just fell in love with the Tri-Cities area and decided it was time to make the move.
Williboy,
Hope you guys enjoy the move, and living in the Tri Cities. I'm in the middle of nowhere, Georgia (Dublin, GA), and my wife and I are trying to get out of here. Unfortunately, she's recently disabled and unable to work, and I can't seem to find a job to save my life. At any rate, Johnson City is very high on our list of places to move, second only to Houston, TX (my father, and most of my friend base live there). Unfortunately, high tech jobs are a bit lacking in the region, and the biggest employers with a good number of tech jobs (Tennessee Eastman, Seimens, Holston Defense, etc) require a degree... something I don't have.

I digress. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time in Johnson City... if I can be of any help (most everything I remember from my youth appears to still be intact), please let me know. Here's a landmark/sight to see to start you out: Kiwanis park (I believe)... The Indian carving. One of only a handful done across the nation, hand carved from a single tree. It's quite a sight, and I had the good fortune of going to Ashley Academy (just over the hill from the park) while it was being carved. Impromptu field trips to watch and speak with the artist were common (and relished).

Good luck!
-Eric

Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,640 times
We appreciate it Eric. You and your family will be in our prayers. Hope to soon be reading of your move back to the area.

Will

Old 09-02-2007, 04:46 PM

20 posts, read 60,818 times
living in mickey house of FL .I love your quote about the horns .I feel like that about others not for there accent it that whole other lang.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:47 AM

150 posts, read 426,368 times
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAdventure View Post
Hello! My family is highly considering moving to the Johnson City Tennessee area of Tennessee. We have been in the Tampa Bay Florida area for 20 plus years and we are ready for a change of pace. I am interested in getting some feedback as to the quality of life in this area. I am a single mother of three pre teenage children. Education is obviously very important as well as opportunity to excell in this area academically, socially, professionally, etc.
Also, as a working adult I am interested in employment opportunities- hopefully in education as well as cost of living. We will be visiting this summer and look forward to learning more about the area. I look forward to your valuable insight!
Take care,
Danie
I am a new resident to Johnson City. I am a student at ETSU. I can't comment on the schools in the area for your little ones, but there is one thing that I think you will appreciate. My car insurance here in Johnson City is 22-23 % of what it was in Miami. That is not a typo, less than a quarter of what I paid in Miami. Most people probably won't have those kind of results, but you bill is sure to go down dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol