Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM

431 posts, read 1,219,728 times

Advertisements

I got this in an email and had to share. I sat here laughing and shaking my head ...yes !

You Know You're From Kingsport When...

Submitted by Anonymous –

+You have dedicated much of your life to supporting Pal’s.
+You know who Steve Grindstaff is and saw his extremely weird wedding on TV.
+You think it’s stupid that Central got out for “the race“ every year.(Don't all schools get out now ?)
+The Microtel, and all that it entails.
+Friday nights=Fort Henry Mall.
+La Caretta is your Mexican food of choice
+You remember when there was ONE Wal-Mart, the Stone Gate Wal-Mart, and it wasn’t Super.
+Your parents don’t work at Eastman Chemical Company. They work at THE Eastman.
+If you ever went to ‘the beach’, nobody had to ask which one. Myrtle Beach is THE beach.
+You hated Carter County and all their snow days.
+You remember when they found the decapitated head in Boone lake…and you still went wake-boarding. Just like you did after they found pihranna.
+You don’t even bother trying Speedway in Lights because it’s too busy
+You took every field trip to Warrior’s Path and their awful playground (it’s better now, I know…)
+You remember when Fun Fest was in August and right before school.
+You shopped at the Food City in Green Acres when it faced in the other direction.
+You have either threatened to give or been offered to receive a “B-Town Beat Down”
+You groan every year that South and DB want to have a race war.
+Kings Giant Plaza FINALLY went out of business and you celebrated because they got rid of those endless commercials every year.
+You were kind of surprised to learn that Daniel Boone “blazed” Bloomingdale Pike
+You miss Joe Gong's. (Amen!)
+You can recall Sharon’s opening and them actually building the building in secret where nobody could see it.
+You’ve been in an altercation with a golf club over an AFG medallion.
+You wrote a letter to the editor about the year Fun Fest moved the fireworks and you couldn’t see anything.
+You don’t smell that funny Eastman smell anymore. It burned your nostrils years ago. (Same applies to waste water treatment plant).
+Saturdays, 12pm. Sound the horn.
+You took your tricked out Civic to park sideways at the Beach Hut.
+You know that Purple Cow is worth the wait/danger.
+You actually went to Skate City but only realized years later the sleeze factor of that place.
+You remember when Kingsport decided they only needed 8 minute evening news. And then that they should just shut down the news station.
+You remember the original firework outrage being when they set off all the 4th of July fireworks at five in the morning !!!
+You’ve ever wondered.. “if the Big Pal in Lynn Garden and the Indian from Pratt’s BBQ had a fight, who would prevail?”
+If you went to a city school you were upset you didn’t get out for snow. If you went to a Sullivan county school, you laughed at the city kids as you went back to bed.
+Once you got a license Friday nights= Broad Street. Sunday = Duck Island.
+You’ve done the Sensabaugh Tunnel thing….more than once.

Adding my own...

You know who Marty Silver is and it was the highlight of your school year when he visited ! (he is still visiting school and my child loves him to death).

Last edited by TNGal78; 05-14-2009 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Removed potentially offensive comment that was not noticed until I had already posted this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Hmmm, I think whomever sent out that email copied the list from the group page on Facebook (a few of those were my submissions) Ha!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:23 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
What's the Microtel one all about?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
What's the Microtel one all about?
Um Josh, it isn't PG-13

Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Yeah, somebody tell me too.

Send me a message or something re: Microtel !?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
I'd seriously like to know. Just because.lol
I'm 20

Old 05-14-2009, 08:52 PM

Where's Kamoshika? He was a couple of years ahead me in school and can shed some light here also!

Old 05-15-2009, 01:50 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,230,694 times
A lot of these mystify me. I'm obviously not from Sullivan County! LOL!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 AM

43 posts, read 133,811 times
Here's mine.... You know you are from Kingsport when.... you wonder why people freak out passing on Hammond Bridge because you remember when the small bridge was the ONLY one and it was both directions. (was our only way in Colonial Heights to get to downtown Kingsport)

Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Default LOL, true.

I just posted something very similar on here about Hammond bridge.

PS. I am one of the ones who has a phobia of that bridge. Not of passing on it, necessarily,.......just a fear of heights in general .....plus the age of the bridge......the low side rails......I have nightmares. I still drive across it all the time, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmiller View Post
Here's mine.... You know you are from Kingsport when.... you wonder why people freak out passing on Hammond Bridge because you remember when the small bridge was the ONLY one and it was both directions. (was our only way in Colonial Heights to get to downtown Kingsport)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol