Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,217 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Vinton Va and I am praying and trying everything to relocate to Johnson City. If you could possibly recommend some nice spacious rental property such as apartments, condos, townhouse that are decent and allows small pets I have 2 small Maltese that weighs in about 12 lbs together. I have been working in our largest healthcare facility here Carilion for the hospitals for 20yrs..Currently going thru a nasty divorce in which was not my decision after 23 yrs of marraige he thought the grass was greener on the other side and has continued for over a year, so yes I filed however I could never stay and have peace here he wants his cake and eat it too...and refuses the divorce or selling of our home.. I do have my 2yr old grandson in which I have had since birth..And between living this nightmare for over a year I have kinda lost track and still feel completely numb and need some insight I need to sell my place or foreclose ready to cut my losses anything to get me outta here...I never dreamed I would live this..Would ya'll recommend some safe quiet neighborhoods what about child care he is in one of the best now who does have a Christian based curriculum and what about the town I hear Johnson City is "the Happening place" is it full of entertainment for kids and well I don't think I am that old I am 38 and have raised my two daughters and now raising my lil grandson he was abandoned when he was just a couple days old and his dad is unknown, just need a safe haven for us.. thank you all and God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,957 times
Default my cousin lived in Mountainview

Villas for 2 years and was very happy there. She had 2 cats & a small dog. It's a good, safe location very close to State of Franklin Rd. (the local shopping mecca) and 8-10 minutes from downtown JC. More info:
Mountainview Villa Apartments in Johnson City*Tennessee

More apts. in the JC area:
Johnson City, TN apartment directory - Johnson City, TN apartments
Johnson City, TN Rentals on Yahoo! Real Estate: 1-10 of 11 listings

Your best bet, IMO: Visit for a few days so you can check out both the job market & your rental options.

There are quite a few apt. complexes scattered up and down Kingsport Hwy. (Hwy. 36), but I can't vouch for them. As long as you're not in downtown JC, I think most areas are very safe (not that downtown is particularly dangerous, it's just not quite as peaceful as the outskirts of town).

Apartments around the university (ETSU) tend to be filled w/ students, so you may want to look at least a couple of miles away from there. If you're on a tight budget, check the local rental listings in the JC paper:
:: Johnson City Press - Classifieds :: (http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Classifieds4.php?CatSelect=640&Date=07/07/2007 - broken link)

A few other communities to consider, all within 15-20 min. of JC: Jonesborough, Piney Flats, Gray & Erwin. Gray in particular has a lot of townhomes to choose from.

Best of luck to you, I hope things work out well for you & your grandson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol