Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 PM

187 posts, read 460,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I don't know. I just wasted precious time going through list after list of "cleanest cities" and have yet to find Lexington.

Folks, if you are going to put stuff out there, please submit the data. It's nice to want to help but we need accuracy, too.

What you will find up in Lexington is harsher weather. Tornadoes and snow storms are the norm, as opposed to Knoxville, where it is not.

Lexington, Kentucky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry you wasted your "precious" time trying to find the data for my response..But it took me about two mins to find that webpage....All you need to know about Lex is on that page,And if you read it all you will see that Lex is the 10th cleanest city in the world according to Forbes...Not in the US but the WORLD....Having been there more than a few times...I know this and it is a very clean city all over the city

But to the OP yeah Lex can be rather boring at times...There isn't really awhole lot to do there if you're not into horses,But never the less tho it is a great clean safe city,And UK is a great college
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
No need to attack or get defensive. If you state something as fact, please back it up with data. That was on a list for 2007. As is with most Forbes lists, it was no longer on the 2008 US list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
Lexington, Kentucky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry you wasted your "precious" time trying to find the data for my response..But it took me about two mins to find that webpage....All you need to know about Lex is on that page,And if you read it all you will see that Lex is the 10th cleanest city in the world according to Forbes...Not in the US but the WORLD....Having been there more than a few times...I know this and it is a very clean city all over the city

But to the OP yeah Lex can be rather boring at times...There isn't really awhole lot to do there if you're not into horses,But never the less tho it is a great clean safe city,And UK is a great college

Old 08-23-2010, 10:14 PM

Well i'm sure not to much has changed there since then..I was there twice last year and it still was the same as it was in 07...I'm sure it's probably being discussed somewhere in the Lex forums anyways

Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM

8 posts, read 17,576 times
I have some experience with Lexington (lots of family there), Knoxville (grew up there) and Atlanta (currently live here). Here are a few bullet point from my experiences. Lexington: very scenic, I like that there isnt as much interstate driving once your in town. nice neighborhoody feel, plenty to do, but has a little bit more pretentious vibe in general. Knoxville: great access to river, lakes and mountains; strong local music scene (downtown knoxville is small but has a nice vibe, appalachian hipster if you can imagine that), I dont like how knoxville's setup outside of downtown is basically dictated by major interstates. If you stay by the universities, both of these places have a mix of people, but out in the suburbs its not as diverse. Atlanta is a totally different animal. its huge and sprawled out, almost in a crippling sort of way. There are tons of great people and things to do in town, but its more epensive to live inside of 285. personsonally, If I couldnt live in "intown" atlanta (away from the burbs), I would choose Knoxville or Lexington.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnStone View Post
I have some experience with Lexington (lots of family there), Knoxville (grew up there) and Atlanta (currently live here). Here are a few bullet point from my experiences. Lexington: very scenic, I like that there isnt as much interstate driving once your in town. nice neighborhoody feel, plenty to do, but has a little bit more pretentious vibe in general. Knoxville: great access to river, lakes and mountains; strong local music scene (downtown knoxville is small but has a nice vibe, appalachian hipster if you can imagine that), I dont like how knoxville's setup outside of downtown is basically dictated by major interstates. If you stay by the universities, both of these places have a mix of people, but out in the suburbs its not as diverse. Atlanta is a totally different animal. its huge and sprawled out, almost in a crippling sort of way. There are tons of great people and things to do in town, but its more epensive to live inside of 285. personsonally, If I couldnt live in "intown" atlanta (away from the burbs), I would choose Knoxville or Lexington.

Yeah Knox and Lex are two very similar cities...Only real differences is Lex is in horse country and Knox isn't....Both pretty big college towns too....Lex has an overall better downtown area tho to me,But Knox has alot more sprawl than Lex does....Lex is def more of a richer city than Knox is ...Theres brick mansions all over Lex...I wouldn't ever live in Atlanta either...Charlotte was big enough for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville