Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times

Advertisements

Is the Rc Airplane Source on W. Meadecrest Drive still in business.....

Thanks in advance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM

60 posts, read 146,438 times
Isn't W Meadecrest over there near Walker Springs Road and Cross Park Dr.? I think that is a suburban neighborhood and not a commercial area with stores?

There used to be a small shop in Solway area, but that closed a few years ago.

HobbyTown in Turkey Creek is probably the only place to get R/C stuff.

Might want to send an email to the East TN R/C model club (you can google their website). They have a landing strip in the Melton Hill area.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_KNOX View Post
Isn't W Meadecrest over there near Walker Springs Road and Cross Park Dr.? I think that is a suburban neighborhood and not a commercial area with stores?

There used to be a small shop in Solway area, but that closed a few years ago.

HobbyTown in Turkey Creek is probably the only place to get R/C stuff.

Might want to send an email to the East TN R/C model club (you can google their website). They have a landing strip in the Melton Hill area.
Thanks yes, near Walker Springs. Guess it's an old linky as there was no phone number listed.....I have to go to Knox tomorrow and will stop in HT and see if they have the parts I need.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Thanks yes, near Walker Springs. Guess it's an old linky as there was no phone number listed.....I have to go to Knox tomorrow and will stop in HT and see if they have the parts I need.
I often use the internet map websites. I really like Bing's bird's eye view and Google street view. You can kill an entire afternoon browsing.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_KNOX View Post
I often use the internet map websites. I really like Bing's bird's eye view and Google street view. You can kill an entire afternoon browsing.
I like Google Earth and fly around.....

Went to HT while I was in the area. Nice store and friendly staff, but not a large selection of airplane parts. They were able to track down a part number for me....so will try to track it down or on to plan "B".....

Old 11-04-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I so will try to track it down or on to plan "B".....
TowerHobbies I presume.
I like buying local most of the time, but sometimes it's not practical.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:31 PM

43 posts, read 100,423 times
Default M&N hobbies

M&N closed about 2 months ago. It Was in East Knox co. on Branville rd.
He served the RC Aviation community and did it well. Bill finally got pissed at people constantly trying to price him with the internet, and closed his shop.
Now they have no choice but the internet.For guys like me just getting started I could pick from a good selection of used planes he had strung to his ceiling. God I miss M&N.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennmoto View Post
M&N closed about 2 months ago. It Was in East Knox co. on Branville rd.
He served the RC Aviation community and did it well. Bill finally got pissed at people constantly trying to price him with the internet, and closed his shop.
Now they have no choice but the internet.For guys like me just getting started I could pick from a good selection of used planes he had strung to his ceiling. God I miss M&N.
I understand the delema of the internet and price.....for the most part, the local hobby shop in Crossville is pretty much in line with the internet. Stock is very limited for airplanes though.

Now talk about local...sort of...Nashville had an airplane swap meet last Saturday. There were several good deals to be had....

Old 11-12-2010, 05:27 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Mr.Bones you may want to contact one of the clubs listed..they probably have a good source for local & on line.. Tennessee RC Airplane Clubs and Flying Fields

Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Mr.Bones you may want to contact one of the clubs listed..they probably have a good source for local & on line.. Tennessee RC Airplane Clubs and Flying Fields
Great idea.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: