Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,786,156 times

Advertisements

The Middle Settlements Road address was where there were some classes held for Pellissippi. You had it right either way narual. LOL The original "buildings" were a hodgepodge of trailers and buildings where all the widening has taken place near Lowe's. The new campus can't be missed if you head out toward Friendsville on Lamar Alexander Parkway since the main building is quite big and the entrance a done beautifully. It'll be on the left if you are coming from Maryville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 01:57 PM

177 posts, read 366,267 times
I don't know which campus it might be - the job description didn't specify, so I'm assuming it would be the main campus versus a satellite one.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Oh meow. Give in? Is there some sort of argument or contest going on that I am not aware of?

This forum is for giving out advice and helping one another. It is all about kindness, that is why we take time from our busy days to help. We are not giving out awards or putting black marks on permanent records for our posts.

narual, your effort was duly noted. It's nice to see someone try to help. The majority of people come on here, grab as much info as they can, and then we never hear from them again. Had you said, "The Maryville campus" then your answer would be perfect but you are new and you didn't know. It is not a big deal.

I kind of had the feeling that professora is just putting out feelers and meant the main campus. If it were to be a satellite campus I would think that would be stated. Afterall, there were 5406 enrolled in the main campus, this fall, as opposed to 663 in Blount County.

Anyway, that's about is far is I'm going to go down that rabbit hole. Bottom line is it is nice to see so many people trying to assist. It's also nice to see Adelina back with us. Merry Christmas, y'all.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,786,156 times
ok Hik.... I tried with the smilies but guess ya didn't get me ribbing y'all!! meow back....lol

Poor narual was correct with her original advice and I was just letting her know the help was good and she didn't need to ask for forgiveness for helping. When I saw the OP my first though was that the profesora was a possible new hire and the chances were pretty good she was looking at the Blount county campus since that campus is quite large, new and growing. It appears I was wrong.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 AM

Thanks to everyone for the replies - it's nice to see people in Knoxville are friendly and willing to respond! I will be applying for the job and will see what may happen, so if I end up moving there will look forward to it! Will be nice to be back south a bit too .

Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,470 times
Just my $.02, i LOVE being an adjunct there. The people (in my dept anyway) are wonderful!!!

Last edited by fergonster; 12-27-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: (redundant - didn't' see page 2) LOL

Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergonster View Post
Just my $.02, i LOVE being an adjunct there. The people (in my dept anyway) are wonderful!!!
What do you teach, and how long have you worked there? Any info you can give would be helpful thanks! I'm applying for a foreign language opening there - will see what may happen.... would like to get out of the "politics" of K-12 if I can...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville