Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,203 times

Advertisements

I can't figure out how to post a new thread so I'll jump in here. I am considering a job offer in Middletown, TN. There's no way I can live there (too rural). Is there a vibrant, up and coming suburb between Knoxville and Middletown? I currently live in Atlanta, don't expect to find that but I need shops, restaurants, etc. Don't want to drive an hour each way from Knoxville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
Never heard of middletown. Could it be midtown between Kingston & rockwood?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:49 PM

14 posts, read 35,027 times
I am a 24 year old female that is from Knoxville, Tn. Cost of living is a little higher than 500 for a one bedroom sorry. The place to go out depends on the night actually: for instance.... Sunday night is college night at Cotton Eyed Joes which is way out west, Wednesday night is college night at Bar Knoxville which is on the the strip, ect...... I mean there is usually always something to do and somewhere to go. The strip is really the most happing place or downtown. And once school starts back it is party time 24/7 close to campus. It is a nice town to go out in. hope that helps.....I will answer any other questions you need. Good luck....Maybe I can even meet up with you newbies and show you around...take care
Devan

Old 08-19-2008, 01:03 PM

49 posts, read 146,656 times
Default Living areas

There are plenty of houses to be rented around Knoxville if you don't like the apartments. South Knoxville is about to get a lot of money and effort put into it.

Turkey Creek is our modern disaster. Used to work in it. Avoid during holidays.

Nightlife def revolves around downtown.

North knox has some interesting neighborhoods, and the fourth and gill area has some quasi brownstones that are being renovated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville