Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,450 times

Advertisements

Pam, no....we didn't. Actually a pretty good reason though...Sat night at work was pretty rough, and so I flopped into bed @ 6:30am Sunday morning figuring I would catch a few Zzzz's before I had to get up, make breakfast, and we had to leave to go to the store.

DH didn't realize I planned on doing the monkey bread, but wanted to do something nice for me since he know I had a bad night, so he made bacon, pancakes and eggs and let me sleep while he fed and dressed the boys, and then brought me breakfast in bed

So I told him I'd make him the monkey bread this Sunday morning. He said "I wouldn't have been so nice if I had known I was going to get something out of it!" LOL!! I have a pretty good guy.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Yes Mystic, you do have a keeper! Enjoy the Monkey Bread when you do make it too.
Pam

Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Hey Pam!! I don't know what happened!! I could hear you but obviously you weren't able to hear me!! My phone has been crazy lately. This is actually one they replaced for me about two weeks ago, because the other one was doing the same type of thing!! I may have to take this one back now!!
Anyway, thanks for checking on me and I enjoyed our chat!!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Hey all!

Mystic, the head cold went into my chest, but my tooth ache stayed, so I went to the dentist. I got an antibiotic and pain meds but I will tell you what, I am never going to that dentist, again.

Bad situation.

If anyone knows of a dentist that is good, I would be very grateful.

Bebette: I didn't see any snow over here, and I was up at 4:30 a.m.

Hello to everyone else!

Got both fireplaces roaring. So far, I'm only turning the heat on for one hour a day.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM

204 posts, read 580,755 times
Smile Now I want monkey bread

It sounds so good and would be great on a cold morning. It doesn't look too hard so I will give it a try. I bet it makes a house smell wonderful. I doubt weight watchers would say eat but I am vulnerable. We will be moving in two weeks and I think stress or whatever I want to eat everything I see.

For all those who have moved, did you change locks? put new ones in or rekey or just stay the same. If anyone knows a locksmith dm me.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
TN405, they say it is definitely recommended that you change the locks immediately!!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:56 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,450 times
TN405, we change all of our locks IMMEDIATELY. If you buy the locksets, my hubby could do the work for you, or he may be able to see about just repinning it and making new keys, depending on what's there. He does it ALL the time working in multi-family housing, "doncha know"
You can DM me if you want to talk more about it, and I can give you our number. He would know what to recommend to you and all.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:59 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
BeBette- Suddenly there was this loud screech and then nothing. It could be the area you were in with reception...but I did enjoy the chat as always.
Hik, the fireplaces sound great, we just turned our heat on today for the first time, we had the air on till it was switched over to heat.(Don't ask- it has alot to do with Bill growing up in New Orleans and living in Mississippi) normally it is like the Artic whether it is summer or winter, in our house.
Pam

Old 10-28-2008, 03:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
BeBette- Suddenly there was this loud screech and then nothing. It could be the area you were in with reception...but I did enjoy the chat as always.
Hik, the fireplaces sound great, we just turned our heat on today for the first time, we had the air on till it was switched over to heat.(Don't ask- it has alot to do with Bill growing up in New Orleans and living in Mississippi) normally it is like the Artic whether it is summer or winter, in our house.
Pam
My husband and I changed them immediately, but we didn't even have keys. The squatters had an issue with giving them up.

My father kept walking around saying, "Who buys a house without getting keys." I could have kicked him.

Thanks for the laugh, Pam. I could really use it. My husband wants it freezing cold all the time, too. I don't appreciate the air bill, but he makes up for it in the winter.

Tn405, I ate from the moment I arrived in TN. It was nerves, too. Just be careful. I really ballooned up quick. In three years I have gained 60 pounds.

If gailli is reading, I have been on Atkins for 8 days and have lost NOTHING! You know how this diet goes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, at the beginning. Being sick has not helped.

Well, back to stoking the fire...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Thanks for the concerns. Son is on the mend, and is currently sleeping.

Hope all are well and warm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville