Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times

Advertisements

Yes, please, SMG. I could really use the desk and I am sure it will be perfect!

We went furniture shopping at Knoxville Wholesale Furniture, but the guy said that if you just close on a house you won't get financing. I talked to the financing company that they have and she said the same thing. Is that bizarre or what?

Fred's credit is about 676 to 700 and mine is 626 to 650. Not great, but you would think we could finance furniture! Sheesh.

So now we have beds and two dressers. I left all the other furniture behind! I am a moron.

Fred tried to get the desk back together, but it was a particle board Walmart special!

My attitude is who the heck cares? We have a gorgeous house, and a beautiful yard. The stove and fridge came with the house. They are old, but they built them great back then and they work great. My mom sent money for a washer and dryer.

Oh, and we have each other, a beautiful child and Joe-Joe Jingles.

Speaking of which, the cat was fantastic during the ride and seems so grateful that we didn't leave him behind. He looked a little nervous!

Anyway, I'm on my lunch break. I hope to be on the computer tonight, but who knows. Man, moving is really hard work. It never seemed so involved before. I must be getting older!

I'm thinking of a party in the middle of August. Is that too late? Let me know!

Welcome to everyone that is moving or visiting Knoxville.

I sure wish I could help answer more questions on here. I love being on this forum and all my friends here. Friday is my normal day off, even though it is a holiday, so I should have my act together by Thursday night.

Good luck to all that are travelling, including our special gemkeeper!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Thanks, SMG and Hik. I plan on having the time of my life!! I start to cry everytime I think about seeing my kids and the grandkids!! And, when I say "my kids" I am including my wonderful daughters-in-law. What fortunate sons I have. Beautiful wives who adore them, scrumptous kids who bring them so much joy - and ME, their MOM!! I'm not so sure that they would go along with the last one, but I bawling right now anyhow.

I'll be busy today folding, packing and wrapping all of the gifts. Everybody gets something. I love it.

Hi*, I know that your dream come true is just beginning. With your family all together, a beautiful house to treasure the rest of your life, and your C-D buddies, what more could one ask for? Well... besides furniture.

All of that will come with time. It is easy to get the credit up for the furniture that you need. Pay a few utility bills and your mortgage over the next couple of months and the furniture stores will be tripping over themselves to sell you some furniture. It happens everytime.

Enjoy sipping a cup of coffee in the backyard Friday morning. I hope that you have nice weather for your days off and get lots and lots of unpacking done.

(I lost my cursor pointer again!! Drat!)

Suzanne, have a wonderful month in Maryville and Knoxville. Try to make some of the music venues. You will have so much fun. Yeah, retirement IS all it's cut out to be.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,783,567 times
Where do I start? I've been a bit pre-occupied with a visit from our son. It has been quite a while since we have been able to have him home and we get him home for several weeks! Next year the AF will have him full time and then who knows when we will get to see him?? I didn't see all the posts about the storm as I was watching the weather reports the whole day (June 27 and 28) since DS was traveling from FL to Tn via Atlanta on a motorcycle. He did the whole 650+ miles in one day!!! Suzanne your house should be ok and the lawn should be nice and green- but boy was it scary around here a couple of times in the last week with those winds and black clouds. One of our neighbors down the street lost 2 of her mature Bradford Pears and down another street from us a rather largish tree went down too, but that was rotten from the inside as it turned out.

Oh my! on all the goings on at your new home Hik!! Your new neighbors must be so relieved to have such nice people living next to them now. I didn't miss the internet and TV so much but my "boys" did when we first bought the house. We didn't move in right away like you did so every time we "visited" we were in a little bit of a black out unless we drove up to Starbuck's. Hope you get connected soon.

Gem have a wonderful few weeks traveling. You are indeed lucky to have so much good folk to love, and I am sure they feel the same way.

Suzanne, happy travels... you should be here soon! I hope you enjoy the trial retirement enough to make it permanent! Retiring to Maryville was one of the best decisions we have made.

Ksurvivor good luck in your move and welcome to Knoxville and East Tennessee.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
J&em, Enjoy every minute with your son. Did he just enlist with the AF? Tell him he has alot of people supporting him and praying to keep him safe. I am or was a military mom and it is so difficult when are kids are facing the unkown. Wish him well and stay strong.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:22 PM

I'm here! I'm sitting on the floor, but I'm here!

Oh, but do you know the great thing about it? It's OUR floor. Well, as long as I pay the mortgage!

Actually, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted!

Fred's is doing his business, again. He left Pittman's. Pay was horrible, but we had pay stubs!

So, we are doing great.

Oh, although I think Lauren has pink eye. I called the answering service almost three hours ago, and never heard back, but she's sleeping now.

Gosh, I never heard about any storm. That's what happens when you don't have cable and internet! I am so glad everyone is okay.

Gem, that visit is going to be wonderful.

Same for you, J&M!

thepainter, no action at the house. I'll put ghosts in there if I have to!

Got to go to bed....so sleepy!

Oh, and mysticfire, I'll call you tomorrow!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
WE ARE OUT THE DOOR!!

Knoxville, I'll give you a holler later today as we breeze by on I-75.

Hiknapster, listen closely about 1 PM. I'll be calling your name and saying "Hi"!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 AM

105 posts, read 521,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Welcome to everyone that is moving or visiting Knoxville.

I sure wish I could help answer more questions on here. I love being on this forum and all my friends here. Friday is my normal day off, even though it is a holiday, so I should have my act together by Thursday night.

Good luck to all that are travelling, including our special gemkeeper!

Maybe.....hopefully......*crossing fingers and praying hard* you can be welcoming me to Knoxville/Maryville in the next few months. I am SO ready to move. Selling our house is our only hurdle left now!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Maybe.....hopefully......*crossing fingers and praying hard* you can be welcoming me to Knoxville/Maryville in the next few months. I am SO ready to move. Selling our house is our only hurdle left now!
Tamor,
I hope all goes well for you and you end up in Knoxville or Tn. soon.
I've got my eyes squeezed shut and my fingers crossed. Can you feel the vibes?

Gem, I hope that trip is a great one!

Hik, You need a desk? Check out big lots, we got a corner glass topped desk for cheap there last year.
Pam

Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
That reminded me of another place to check. The office furniture places, alot of them carry used and I have found some good deals.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Welcome tamor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I hear gem howdying!

Well, Lauren doesn't have pink eye. She has an ear infection. Went to the doctor today.

Fred thinks that one of the guys that he does business with has a sofa. Only about a year new.

I'm going to try and get some pics up. I found my camera!

Hugs to all!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville