Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Gem: What do you mean, you are going to the CARDIOLOGIST?

Checked Harvey at lunchtime. He had touched NOTHING. Had some water. No food. He has had treats when he is good.

MBMOUSE: You may be right. He sounds a LOT like your dog. Was your dog a wiggle butt?

Congrats, mystic!

Joe-Joe came out to the patio to greet me, so he seems better.

Will pick up Harvey before I pick up Lauren.

By the way, if I ever had to tie Harvey outside, and I don't see why I would have to, but we have a double covered carport, with attached workshop that he could go into and a large covered patio. Also, our yard is very cool. I don't EVER turn on my air during the day, and you would swear that I did. We have at least 23 HUGE trees. Ask SMG.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Gem: What do you mean, you are going to the CARDIOLOGIST?

Checked Harvey at lunchtime. He had touched NOTHING. Had some water. No food. He has had treats when he is good.

MBMOUSE: You may be right. He sounds a LOT like your dog. Was your dog a wiggle butt?

Congrats, mystic!

Joe-Joe came out to the patio to greet me, so he seems better.

Will pick up Harvey before I pick up Lauren.

By the way, if I ever had to tie Harvey outside, and I don't see why I would have to, but we have a double covered carport, with attached workshop that he could go into and a large covered patio. Also, our yard is very cool. I don't EVER turn on my air during the day, and you would swear that I did. We have at least 23 HUGE trees. Ask SMG.
Yea, she was a wiggle butt LOL! She also thought she was a lap dog, when she got to be over 70lbs, it got a bit crazy!
Boy do I miss her. Don't get me wrong, I love Trixie and she has been a great dog too, but only once in a life time do you get that one pet that just "gets" you and you them. I hope Harvey becomes that pet for your family.
$5 says Harvey wins over Jo-Jo within a week and you will catch them curled up together before long.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Yea, she was a wiggle butt LOL! She also thought she was a lap dog, when she got to be over 70lbs, it got a bit crazy!
Boy do I miss her. Don't get me wrong, I love Trixie and she has been a great dog too, but only once in a life time do you get that one pet that just "gets" you and you them. I hope Harvey becomes that pet for your family.
$5 says Harvey wins over Jo-Jo within a week and you will catch them curled up together before long.
I sure hope so! I'd happily give you $5 if you are right!

You can come visit Harvey anytime!

He is super good. You would never know that we had a dog in the house all alone.

I called the shelter today to tell them that he was doing great and to thank them for taking such great care of him.

Take a look at their building. It is gorgeous!

New Division Street Facility (http://www.knoxpets.org/building.asp - broken link)

Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
Quote:

He is super good. You would never know that we had a dog in the house all alone.

I called the shelter today to tell them that he was doing great and to thank them for taking such great care of him.

New Division Street Facility (http://www.knoxpets.org/building.asp - broken link)
That's really good news that Harvey is a good boy and loves his new home!

I'm sure the shelter appreciated your thoughtful call. And, what a beautiful facility. No wonder Harvey adjusted so easily.

Good job Hik and family.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Nice facility! Curious, what is the adoption fee there? It is $75 here and supposed to cover the spay/neuter but the vet ends up charging way more because that $75 doesn't even include anesthesia for the surgery!

Boy, you know a dog lives here! Well, or a two year old kid! I have never seen a dog that likes toys SOOO much! And she prefers the stuffed animals...well they don't stay stuffed for more than a few weeks, then it is just kind of like a stuffed animal carcase grave yard that we pick up every day when we get home. But hey, she leaves our stuff alone and is happy with her toys and has free reign of the house when ever she is home alone.
We gave Dusty a stuffed rooster when she was a pup....we buried her with it 12 years later, she never tore it up or carry it around, but always needed to know where it was. Animals each have their own personality for sure.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Nice facility! Curious, what is the adoption fee there? It is $75 here and supposed to cover the spay/neuter but the vet ends up charging way more because that $75 doesn't even include anesthesia for the surgery!

Boy, you know a dog lives here! Well, or a two year old kid! I have never seen a dog that likes toys SOOO much! And she prefers the stuffed animals...well they don't stay stuffed for more than a few weeks, then it is just kind of like a stuffed animal carcase grave yard that we pick up every day when we get home. But hey, she leaves our stuff alone and is happy with her toys and has free reign of the house when ever she is home alone.
We gave Dusty a stuffed rooster when she was a pup....we buried her with it 12 years later, she never tore it up or carry it around, but always needed to know where it was. Animals each have their own personality for sure.
Normal fee is $150. They have specials, though. Right now, as long as they are not puppies, the fee is $75 and if they are 8 and older the fee is $50. Also, if the dog is black, the fee is $50.

Here is what it includes, which is phenomenal. We paid $75.

"The adoption fee includes a spay or neuter, shots (except for rabies vaccine, which you must get at your own vet), a heartworm test for dogs and a feline leukemia test for cats, check and treatment for intestinal parasites, application of flea control, a microchip, and an exam by our Animal Center veterinarian."

We take him to the vet for the rabies shot this Friday.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Normal fee is $150. They have specials, though. Right now, as long as they are not puppies, the fee is $75 and if they are 8 and older the fee is $50. Also, if the dog is black, the fee is $50.

Here is what it includes, which is phenomenal. We paid $75.

"The adoption fee includes a spay or neuter, shots (except for rabies vaccine, which you must get at your own vet), a heartworm test for dogs and a feline leukemia test for cats, check and treatment for intestinal parasites, application of flea control, a microchip, and an exam by our Animal Center veterinarian."

We take him to the vet for the rabies shot this Friday.
Good deal! For both you and Harvey.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:51 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Smile I wuv you!

Yaaaay, hiknapster. Harvey is a smart, family dog just as pictured. What a great start for all of you. I have to go along with MB on this one - I bet he and Joe-Joe are bosom pals within a week, especially with Lauren ooing and ahhing over both of them. They'll realize that the other must be an okay kind of critter if she likes both of them!

(Okay, so I didn't tell anybody!! I am back from the cardiologist and I am going to live!! I have been passing out over the last couple of days and when we took my blood pressure this morning it was only 96/51.

It seems that a med that my new primary care just increased for me also lowers the blood pressure. Very low BP makes you pass out. Don't do that!!!

So, after the ultra-sound and EKG cleared me of all other possibilities, my cardiologist is sure that the increase in meds was the culprit and our trip on Friday is still a go!!)

Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
(Okay, so I didn't tell anybody!! I am back from the cardiologist and I am going to live!! I have been passing out over the last couple of days and when we took my blood pressure this morning it was only 96/51.

It seems that a med that my new primary care just increased for me also lowers the blood pressure. Very low BP makes you pass out. Don't do that!!!

So, after the ultra-sound and EKG cleared me of all other possibilities, my cardiologist is sure that the increase in meds was the culprit and our trip on Friday is still a go!!)
You gave me fits! Thank goodness that you are okay and that the trip is on! Yippee!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
GOOD NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS~~~~~~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville