Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas Knoxville!!!

I just got in from shopping. I bought Lauren a boom box and a couple of other things for her room. She had bought a "Hello Kitty" boom box at a yard sale, but it died a couple of months ago. A couple of friends from work bought her some toys and my mom bought her clothes, so she will be just fine!

I absolutely love shopping around here, even the people in the dreaded Walmart are pleasant!

So here's wishing gemthornton, Smoky Mountain Gal, Goodbye Hollywood, JMT, MBMouse, jimj, jab, jimlee, knoxgarden, phyll, TedTAce and all my other C-D friends a wonderful holiday season!

My favorite part of Knoxville during Christmas is all the radio stations play Christmas music on Christmas Eve, and I do mean ALL the stations. I've never heard anything like that!

What do other people like about being in Knoxville during the holiday season?

What is everyone doing for the holiday?

Last edited by hiknapster; 12-20-2007 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Everyone have a safe and fun Merry Christmas....
I'll be going to North Carolina to my son's house for Christmas....

Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 AM

96 posts, read 356,648 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. I am spending it in Maryville with my mom and sister...the doctor said this will be my mom's last Christmas with us so it is bittersweet, she is already starting to forget who I am. The people I work with have been wonderful they have provided me with gifts for my son and giftcard for Kroger, I have had it rough as a single mom this year. We are also going to be thanking God for our blessings and praying for my sister's health, she will know Dec 31, what is wrong. I also received word that we are all losing our jobs as of March 28, being laid off. I can only say how blessed I am to have a wonderful family and the most beautiful little boy in the world(I'm biased). May everyone have a Merry Christmas and the love of God surround you all this year. I know I am fairly new on this but have enjoyed this group so much.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:33 AM

Special prayers for you, luvmyanimals.

Have a safe trip, Bones.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Did everyone have a nice Christmas? Was Santa good to you? Any stories to share?

Old 12-26-2007, 05:48 PM

Yes. It was nice and quiet. Of course, I unplugged my phone so that I didn't have to hear from the mooching in-laws!

All told, Lauren had a lot of presents. I bought her a nice CD player/tuner (from Santa). I also bought her some things to match her comforter and her room looks very sweet. The best part was she stayed in there almost all day! A miracle!

I found a standing rib-roast on sale. I was thrilled because I really had my heart set on making one, but didn't want to be so extravagant, with starting the business and all. Even though I felt slightly under the weather, I started to feel better and the dinner was delicious! All I really want on a holiday is to cook a nice meal.

Fred watched television, which made him very happy.

A good, quiet Christmas and not the disaster that I envisioned.

How about you or anyone else?

Last edited by hiknapster; 12-26-2007 at 06:09 PM..

Old 12-26-2007, 06:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
One of my best Christmas' in recent memory!! We stayed home!! We talked to the Texas clan twice, we talked to the Kingsport clan and we went over to Farragut to see Mom on Christmas Eve (she had a cardiac cath last week and can't drive for a week), drove around looking at lights (I had made hot chocolate) and then church afterwards. Dad and brother and family went up to the lakehouse (Watauga) yesterday afternoon but we stayed home. I made a beef tenderloin, festive green beans (my own creation;a cross between TN and TX cooking, lol), green salad with feta, red onion, greens, craisins and homemade cranberry salad dressing (very pretty color), yeast rolls, scalloped potatoes and cheesecake given to us for dessert. Santa was so good to us and we played with our stuff and watched TLC during the afternoon. TLC had shows on holiday decorations and they were fun to watch. We are to the point in our lives where boring is good! Work only called me once but I didn't have to go in, yay! Just a really nice holiday.

I am off all week so I spent today in the kitchen baking and cooking and spending time with the kids. They took all of the hockey tickets for tonight and are taking their friends. There is a little 4 year old that sits near us and they were taking her Christmas present to her. They should be having fun. Tomorrow we are going to West Town Mall to shop a bit and people watch. This is such a sweet time of year despite missing those loved ones that have passed on; it makes me appreciate the ones that are in my life.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM

Oh, that sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!

I had a very exciting life and not in the good sense, for the most part.

I love boring. I live for boring.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Hey all, doing a drive by tonight, kinda staying off the threads since our house hasn't had any activity.
Anyway, back to the op... we had some friends come by and we decided we'd have a mexican christmas this time since we were tired of the usuall. We had Carnitas w/red sauce, scratch made spanish rice, picadillo stuffed chili relleno w/mole sauce and scratch made flan. Everyone was stuffed!!!

Went to the store today and what did I spy????? I was looking at a steak sale for new years ($3.99 lb for T-Bones) and found a 12 1/2 lb prime rib strip priced at ready for this....$35.oo originally $87.00!!! I must confess I almost asked them if they'd cut another $5 off but I couldn't do it.
Now how could I pass that up??? Had the butcher cut it in half, wrapped one half in plastic wrap 3times and then in a freezer bag, then well let's just say I'm smelling it now waiting for the other half to get home.....
On edit.... The wife walks in the door, here I'm mixing aujus on the stove, turn and say hi, guess what we're.........BLAM, power goes out! Thank goodness the stovetop is gas but it's 29 degrees out and we're here eating by flashlight..... Oh well turn on the fireplace and ehjoy the quiet I guess.....

Last edited by jimj; 12-27-2007 at 07:29 PM..

Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 PM

jimj: That's too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville