Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 AM

13 posts, read 40,431 times

Advertisements

Hello again!
I was walking our property and low and behold above me a ways away from what I could tell was a Drone
flying around, could not tell if it was on my property or not. If I had my gun I would have blown it out of the sky!
There must be laws to keep these things on there own land not flying around snooping at neighbors.
Has any one else had problems with Drones?
I have thought about getting one to police my own property
around 50 mountainous acres. I do not believe in trespassing on or flying over other peoples property.
Thanks for your comments,
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,957 times
Tennessee has enacted two new laws in 2014. The first, SB 1777, makes it a class C misdemeanor for any private entity to use a drone to conduct video surveillance of a person who is hunting or fishing without their consent. SB 1892 makes it a Class C misdemeanor for a person to use UAS to intentionally conduct surveillance of an individual or their property. It also makes it a crime to possess those images (Class C Misdemeanor) or distribute and otherwise use them (Class B Misdemeanor). The law also identifies 18 lawful uses of UAS, including the commercial use of UAS under FAA regulations, professional or scholarly research and for use in oil pipeline and well safety.
2014 State Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Legislation

Law firm first in Tennessee to target drones

Old 01-26-2015, 08:08 AM

13 posts, read 40,431 times
Thank you very much!!

Old 01-27-2015, 03:36 PM

79 posts, read 121,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
[i]Tennessee a class C misdemeanor for any private entity to use a drone to conduct video surveillance of a person who is hunting or fishing without their consent.
2014 State Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Legislation

Law firm first in Tennessee to target drones

So the state or Federal Government can use for surveillance?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:24 AM

132 posts, read 191,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Pig View Post
So the state or Federal Government can use for surveillance?
Well, of course! If you just shoot it down, I guess you could claim it was a "hunting accident" The government makes those kind of claims all the time...

Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
You mean Dick Cheney?

Old 02-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You mean Dick Cheney?
I was actually making a very general statement there.

We will not mention any names here... we could be at it all day! "They" are most likely watching!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehopper View Post
I was actually making a very general statement there.

We will not mention any names here... we could be at it all day! "They" are most likely watching!
Who cares, unless you are doing something wrong?

Could be police looking for a fleeing criminal who could be a danger to you
Fire dept/Forestry watching for fire/smoke as a protection.
Military practicing.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:30 PM

15 posts, read 28,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Military practicing.
I might buy the fleeing criminal part, MAYBE. But not the rest. Fire, forestry, etc looking for smoke: drone could be very high and see better. Military or other government agencies have lots of government land to use. They have no business "practicing" over private land.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Military practicing.
I was just messing around with my comments... But there used to be regulations of how they could/could not go over private land until this attitude started up...

I believe it is better for government to stay out of your business without probable cause. Would you like it if this was "just your neighbor" checking out your property to see what you are doing? How about just a few times a week by total strangers?

Of course, this is why the OP mentioned it! They do not know who it was... If it was the government, shouldn't the property owner be informed at some point as well? If not via personal notification, maybe it should have been on the news as a public notification... Do we not need warrants now that we have "spycams" on RC planes? A citizen would be arrested. Recently, somebody flew a unarmed drone into a tree on the POTUS's lawn. Seems fair except the operator was detained for that. Maybe this was one of the other guy's drones doing some recon for their next mission... We do not need to declare war to attack people in foreign countries... never mind. They never declared one for 9/11/2001. Oooops, my bad! Just think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville