Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,066 times

Advertisements

Hello! This is my first time posting here, but I have utilized the forum for several years as my husband and I have attempted to figure out what area of the country we prefer. We are in the final "narrowing" stages now, and I have a quick question.

We are a homeschooling family of 4, hubby is retired, and I work from home and can literally be based anywhere in the world. We have lived in central Alabama our entire lives, so humidity is something we are familiar with. We have been scouting areas for some time now, and one of our top 2 areas is Farragut. Based on what I have read here, it is a nice, family oriented area with amenities close by. The proximity to the mountains is a huge selling point for us. My question is this....How are the internet options there? We currently have the SLOWEST internet, and our only other option is satellite internet which I have heard is even worse, so I wanted to check. We have spent the past 2 weeks in the area and will be back again in 2 weeks to look further.

Last edited by JMT; 01-27-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 01:24 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,911,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropsofgrace View Post
Hello! This is my first time posting here, but I have utilized the forum for several years as my husband and I have attempted to figure out what area of the country we prefer. We are in the final "narrowing" stages now, and I have a quick question.

We are a homeschooling family of 4, hubby is retired, and I work from home and can literally be based anywhere in the world. We have lived in central Alabama our entire lives, so humidity is something we are familiar with. We have been scouting areas for some time now, and one of our top 2 areas is Farragut. Based on what I have read here, it is a nice, family oriented area with amenities close by. The proximity to the mountains is a huge selling point for us. My question is this....How are the internet options there? We currently have the SLOWEST internet, and our only other option is satellite internet which I have heard is even worse, so I wanted to check. We have spent the past 2 weeks in the area and will be back again in 2 weeks to look further.
I live in West Knox, just beyond the Farragut limits. I use the internet to stream Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix, plus the usual internet activity for someone who is not working from home. I have found my internet speed satisfactory and the service reliable. I use TDS. I get local TV stations via a window antenna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville