Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 AM

32 posts, read 104,556 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are areas where you can live right on the lake/river and have your own dock or is everything "lake view" because of TVA regulations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 7,028 times
World there are plenty of lakefronts properties in and around the Knoxville area with docks. You could probably check on one of the popular real estate sites for current listings.
Ruby

Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,391,899 times
Hey World Citizens, yes you can live on the lake, and for the most part, can own a dock, and then if its new construction, you have to apply to tva, to get it approved. Several subd, offer that, Montgomery Cove, Riversound, KonKinnon, the Woods At Montomery, the brand new Jeffeson Park and also Mallard Bay, all in West Knoxville, off of Northshore.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,527,060 times
Tons of living on the water options around here.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,224 times
Hi OldManBob,

What schools are the waterfront communities that you listed in? I keep reading OakRidge and Maryville are tops and am looking for water front/view communities with families. Researching from PA . Also, I read something about Oak Ridge passing a tax to build the new high school. Was that a one time tax or a new ongoing tax and if so, on waht?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 PM

118 posts, read 598,128 times
My wife and I were in TN, around the Maryville area back in August. As we drove up from Georgia, we passed over Tellico and fell in love with that area.

We too would also like to know more about waterfront homes in that area of TN. Many of the homes we looked at gave a Maryville address but a realtor we talked to said that is wasn't actually city of Maryville.

Is there an area of waterfront homes that still have Maryville schools and ammenities. We really liked that area but had very little time to further investigate.

If any of you can help, we'd be forever thankful. Links, URL's, maps...anything is helpful.

Thank you,

Chad

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,527,060 times
There are no waterfront homes in Maryville. That is true that many people have an address of Maryville but they are not in Maryville proper. You really have to be mindful of boundaries here in respect to city vs county for tax and education purposes.

Click on the link at the bottom of my post for city-data's home page which lists states and then cities and there is a ton of information.

If I can help further please let me know.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,609,144 times
Likewise, I don't think there are waterfront homes in the Oak Ridge School district. But I've heard of people living across the water in Solway and paying a fee to attend Oak Ridge schools.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 22,277 times
Actually Rarity Ridge is an Oak Ridge River Community. Although it is on the other side of the River, it pays Oak Ridge Taxes and children in the community can go to Oak Ridge Schools without any additional fees. One can lease a home, buy a condo or buy a home. There are docks, stores etc.

As to living on the lake, there are some wonderful places! TVA permits the docks and they are file if the property owner has requested one. Kingston is just 22 minutes from Turkey Creek (West Knoxville) and the lake homes there are very affordable.

Last edited by Beretta; 11-04-2008 at 10:01 AM..

Old 11-09-2008, 06:19 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,391,899 times
Hey runnrgirl, most of the Northshore area, will attend the Farragut Schools, and as you go further east, then Bearden. When you look at the school ratings, not too much difference between Farragut, Maryville, and Oak Ridge. Our newest school is Hardin Valley, and it has some lake lots and lake property, that will be off of Melton Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville