Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 05:20 PM

5 posts, read 4,042 times

Advertisements

ALSO OF INTEREST IS WHETHER IT WAS AN AREA WHERE WATER WAS BACKING UP BASED ON THE
ABOVE INFO FROM bOB.

LINDA C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 05:22 PM

Sorry its depew drive

Old 09-13-2020, 05:29 PM

DORRY ITS DEPEW DRIVE - ALSO WONDERING IF THAT IS AN AREA THAT
HAD THE WATER BACKUP ISSUE NOTED ABOVE

tHANKS IN ADVANCE

lINDA C

Old 09-13-2020, 09:35 PM

113 posts, read 161,168 times
Hi audibme,

As far as the rain water backing up into the house and home owners cutting the tops off of the sewage grinder, it is my understanding that these particular homes (a couple/few homes) were built too low by the builder and the engineering depart was working to come up with a fix. Anytime you build a house you have to take into account how you will drain the water away from the house. Keep in mind that TV can get large amounts of rain at onetime as The Shadow mentioned above.

Hope this helps,
Bob

FYI, typing in all caps is considered yelling.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:41 AM

11,122 posts, read 9,756,639 times
I was going to mention that about the all caps too, Bob.

Yes, those homes that had flooding issues were very recently built and the contractors were to blame for not addressing drainage issues on those lots. Apparently the Board has come up with resolutions to these issues, and going forward it shouldn't be a problem, but one really does have to do some research and be proactive about these things.

Walkability is not really a "thing" in Tellico Village. People do walk their dogs, and for exercise, on the neighborhood streets, but there are no sidewalks, the roads are narrow and winding, sightlines are not great due to the many hills. It's far safer to walk for exercise on the golf course early or late in the day, or on the walking trails scattered around the village. Other than just walking for exercise, or to a neighbor's home, there are not really many amenities within walking distance, unless you live in their particular vicinity. You might have only one or two things (library, rec center, yacht club, golf clubhouse) within walking distance of your home. The village is 10 miles long, and the amenities and businesses are spread out from the south end to at least 2/3 of the way to the north end. The main artery connecting all these places is state highway 444, which has a speed limit of 50 mph (and many speeders) for most of that distance, no sidewalks, and in some places very little shoulder area. I would prefer not to walk along 444, although some do, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Old 09-14-2020, 01:45 PM

Default Depew Drive Water Question

Thank you for the replies and information! Sorry about the CAPS, my hubby wrote it and wasn't paying attention.

Looks like our lot offer was accepted, and we'll have to check into the water draining into the cul-de-sac by 1st calling the TV Staff Engineering Dept.

Thanks again. Linda

Old 09-16-2020, 07:47 AM

18 posts, read 21,345 times
My husband and I visited Tellico Village this past weekend. He loved the three golf courses. I do have a couple of questions. There were striking differences in home styles with some being made of all siding. I know there are recommended builders, but I’m not sure I want an area where there aren’t strict architectural codes. We also saw one home with weeds in an overgrown yard and a car parked literally on the front lawn. Is this allowed?

Also, can someone share information on the demographics particularly stats that would indicate the diversity in the area? Political leanings? We’re coming from a conservative suburb of Dallas. I’m a retired high school English teacher of Hispanic descent born and raised in San Antonio. My hubby is a midwestern from the beautiful state of Iowa. We have lived in the Dallas area for over 20 years. We currently have mostly white, Republican friends, with a couple of moderates sprinkled in the mix. In the current political climate, our area is getting almost fanatical in its beliefs , so much so, I don’t know if I want to stay here. I’m more of an independent . My hubby is a bit more conservative. We tend to avoid discussing politics when we’re with our friends, and so I don’t want to move somewhere and have people’s political affiliation front and center. Are there restrictions on political yard signs? Our current neighborhood allows only one. We don’t put one on display, but one would be fine. I don’t want to live somewhere that allows a “Christmas” display of political signs.
I realize my concerns may seem insignificant compared to other critical factors when choosing where to live. Believe me, I’ve read through many of the threads and have learned a lot from The Shadow. My concerns in this post aren’t at the top of our list, but they are ones bothering me as we have moved TV high on our list. In fact, this is the first time my husband is talking about making another trip to a community and renting to see if we still like the area. We also have a friend who recently moved from our area to WindRiver. We didn’t have time to visit on this trip, but we will another time.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:46 AM

I hope you enjoyed your visit to TV. There are definitely architectural controls for TV. They are included in the construction "Blue Book" for the village. I'm not sure what you categorize as strict, but they definitely have rules regarding minimum square footage, roof pitches and planes, roofing materials, paint colors, fence designs, etc, etc. You will find the Blue Book as well as downloadable copies of the CC&R's, and other regulatory type documents on the following web page:

https://www.tellicovillagepoa.org/home-2/

(I hope you can open this, if not DM me and I will download it and send you the PDF's)

There are rules that homes and landscaping shall be properly maintained, and parking on the lawn is generally prohibited. Violations are usually noted (turned in) by unhappy neighbors and turned in to the POA staff for enforcement. Although I understand there is now a staff member tasked to tour areas and make note of violations to be corrected.

There are rules regarding signs in yards and they are pretty tightly regulated. You are allowed only one political sign per yard, of a specified size. Regarding your thoughts about the politics of TV, it's like anywhere in a majority Red state. There are people of all parties, and you would no doubt find like minded neighbors. It's definitely not a conservative monolith, as we have transplants from across the country. Demographics in TV are overwhelmingly caucasian (although not by design), but we are starting to become a little bit more diverse, which I personally think is much overdue. The surrounding communities of Loudon and Lenoir City are somewhat more diverse, and we do have a higher number of Latino citizens than you will find in much of TN as a whole. I'm not sure if that is due to particular local employers, or if there is just more of a community here for people to join. You can find specific demographics for the area right here on City-Data (see below). I would look at the stats for the City Loudon, and Loudon County, as TV is not a municipality and doesn't have those stats.

//www.city-data.com/city/Loudon-Tennessee.html#b

https://www.city-data.com/county/Loudon_County-TN.html

Best wishes, and please do consider a short term rental. The TV Welcome Center (865-458-7061) can often help you find rentals for a few days to several weeks.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:21 PM

20 posts, read 20,339 times
Knox county is overwhelmingly White. https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...ssee/PST045219

The TN legislature is overwhelmingly Red. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennes...neral_Assembly

I visited the Knoxville area in mid-August and saw many American flags and Trump signs.

These are rare occurrences where I live.. in Silicon Valley... in the PRC (People's Republic of California).

I did a 4-hr tour of TV with a realtor and found that different neighborhood had different styles. I then went back and viewed the neighborhoods on my own.

Played Tenasi golf course. Nice course and nice golfers. The Bermuda grass there is different than what I'm used to in California.

I also visited the neighborhood Sequoyah Hills near Knoxville. Very nice, but does not have the amenities associated with it like TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crcleoflife121 View Post
My husband and I visited Tellico Village this past weekend. He loved the three golf courses. I do have a couple of questions. There were striking differences in home styles with some being made of all siding. I know there are recommended builders, but I’m not sure I want an area where there aren’t strict architectural codes. We also saw one home with weeds in an overgrown yard and a car parked literally on the front lawn. Is this allowed?

Also, can someone share information on the demographics particularly stats that would indicate the diversity in the area? Political leanings? We’re coming from a conservative suburb of Dallas. I’m a retired high school English teacher of Hispanic descent born and raised in San Antonio. My hubby is a midwestern from the beautiful state of Iowa. We have lived in the Dallas area for over 20 years. We currently have mostly white, Republican friends, with a couple of moderates sprinkled in the mix. In the current political climate, our area is getting almost fanatical in its beliefs , so much so, I don’t know if I want to stay here. I’m more of an independent . My hubby is a bit more conservative. We tend to avoid discussing politics when we’re with our friends, and so I don’t want to move somewhere and have people’s political affiliation front and center. Are there restrictions on political yard signs? Our current neighborhood allows only one. We don’t put one on display, but one would be fine. I don’t want to live somewhere that allows a “Christmas” display of political signs.
I realize my concerns may seem insignificant compared to other critical factors when choosing where to live. Believe me, I’ve read through many of the threads and have learned a lot from The Shadow. My concerns in this post aren’t at the top of our list, but they are ones bothering me as we have moved TV high on our list. In fact, this is the first time my husband is talking about making another trip to a community and renting to see if we still like the area. We also have a friend who recently moved from our area to WindRiver. We didn’t have time to visit on this trip, but we will another time.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:35 AM

Tellico Village is in Loudon County, not Knox county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville