Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM

851 posts, read 2,458,282 times

Advertisements

I guess that's what happens when someone is in control that never really fought for our freedom! So they don't think about it. That is the least the Country could do for the veterans that protect EVERYONE. That is really sad. If it wasn't for men and women like your husband, we wouldn't have our freedom or any type of benefits.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
I guess that's what happens when someone is in control that never really fought for our freedom! So they don't think about it. That is the least the Country could do for the veterans that protect EVERYONE. That is really sad. If it wasn't for men and women like your husband, we wouldn't have our freedom or any type of benefits.

Thank you for understanding, and it's not just serving but they are away from their loved ones for very long periods of time so that we ordinary people can have freedom to be with our loved ones, its a big sacrifice and what people dont understand is that if you take the reasons they serve in the military away then they wont keep signing up and we will have to go back to the draft, I for one do not want to see that again happen but it could. Our service men and women deserve the few benefits they are allowed when they get out of the service or when they retire. Thanks againPLEASE IF THIS COMES UP WRITE YOUR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN/WOMEN TO VOTE NO!!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default Military Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Yes I would say its reliable since it came from the Military, check it out yourself on Military.com

My hubby is also retired 15 yrs from the Veterans of Foreign Wars not counting 22 yrs with the US Navy so we get all the up to date information in a military newsletter.
Isn't military retirement something like 1/2 of the pay grade when that serviceman retires? I think that's pretty good for 22 years of work. Most people now don't have pensions and most 401K's have been devastated by the recent stock market problems.

I saw Obama on the George Stephanopolis show this a.m. and Steph asked him if it was true that we would all have to share in the cost of this economic crisis, including Social Security and Medicare. Obama answered, "Yes." So service people aren't alone. By the way, my dh took a 10% paycut this year because his company is doing poorly.

I don't think you are alone with all the problems people across this nation are experiencing. I just wish congress hadn't given themselves a $4,700 PAY RAISE a few weeks ago! I think we all should contact congress about our disgust with that.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM

592 posts, read 2,135,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I saw Obama on the George Stephanopolis show this a.m. and Steph asked him if it was true that we would all have to share in the cost of this economic crisis, including Social Security and Medicare. Obama answered, "Yes." So service people aren't alone.

Well, just those that actually pay taxes.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb62676 View Post
Well, just those that actually pay taxes.
Who doesn't pay taxes, in one way or another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
Do you mean Bush who joined the Texas Air National Guard where he could fight for his country in the local barroom?

Or do you mean Cheney, who makes millions off the blood of our children (yes, mine) while he received five draft deferments until he was no longer eligible?

Sorry folks, but I can only put up with reading this stuff for so long.

Last edited by Beretta; 01-11-2009 at 05:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 05:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Without picking on any specific members, and certainly not the immediate past poster, this thread has continually gotten off topic several times. Time to close this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville