Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting article, along with history, of starting the Knoxville area's successful, non-chain restaurants, Aubrey's. Aubrey's owner, Randy Burleson, has been a great steward to the schools in the area and has been involved in other area restaurants as well. I enjoyed the article and hope you do too! Getting to know Randy Burleson : News : Blount Today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 08:44 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,716 times
SMG-Thanks for sharing this article. Since we have not yet tasted Aubrey's food, I am sure we will next time we're in the area. Knowing that Aubrey's hold education near and dear is a plus for our wanting to patronize.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 AM

204 posts, read 580,484 times
Default Great story

I read it and appreciated his caring for the community. Nice going !!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:34 PM

391 posts, read 1,359,013 times
SMG,

Great article. I used to do some floor managing and bar managing at Little City, which then became Edison Park, owned by Randy and across the street from his original Aubrey's location in farragut. He has of course since shut down Edison Park in order to free his capital and move everything towards expanding Aubrey's (turned out to be a great business move!). A few things about him. The guys flat our knows how to run a restaurant and treat his employees. Every manager he has typically loves their job, and he treats them like people, not just employees. If you go into his restaurants and see him there, he's always at one, you'll see him picking up the slack when it's busy. He'll bus tables, refill drinks, bring out orders, and make sure and visit as many tables as he can to speak to the guest and thank them for coming in. He's a great restrantuer, and better employer. It's been 10 years or so since my restaurant days, but I do miss working for him. He made everything fun. Great guy, great article.

Also check out his Sunspot on Cumberland, great place as well!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 9,331 times
I cannot read the article - just the comments. Help!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,068,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezduzzt View Post
I cannot read the article - just the comments. Help!
Even though this thread is over 3 years old...the link still works for me...

Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
I can still see the article also!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servpro Will View Post
SMG,

Great article. I used to do some floor managing and bar managing at Little City, which then became Edison Park, owned by Randy and across the street from his original Aubrey's location in farragut. He has of course since shut down Edison Park in order to free his capital and move everything towards expanding Aubrey's (turned out to be a great business move!). A few things about him. The guys flat our knows how to run a restaurant and treat his employees. Every manager he has typically loves their job, and he treats them like people, not just employees. If you go into his restaurants and see him there, he's always at one, you'll see him picking up the slack when it's busy. He'll bus tables, refill drinks, bring out orders, and make sure and visit as many tables as he can to speak to the guest and thank them for coming in. He's a great restrantuer, and better employer. It's been 10 years or so since my restaurant days, but I do miss working for him. He made everything fun. Great guy, great article.

Also check out his Sunspot on Cumberland, great place as well!
Little City was AMAZING! My friend and I loved the chicken bowtie pasta with the asparagus and bacon in it...did not know it was owned by same owner as Aubrey's, that explains why the Caesar salads are so similar. Huh.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Reading seemingly endless paragraphs that started with "Burleson said" made me want to poke my eyes out. I prefer Will's heartfelt write-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville