Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM

592 posts, read 2,135,297 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't think some folks know the rules of a 4 way stop...it's pretty evident at Harbison Crossroads on a regular basis.

I'm ok with that...it's the pulling out into the left hand turn lane I don't like...at all. You never know if they are pulling out in front of you or if they are just pulling into the lane (which I'm pretty sure is illegal).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:19 PM

204 posts, read 580,755 times
Hiknapster you made me laugh and I really needed that. Thankyou

Old 06-06-2009, 05:08 AM

43 posts, read 100,414 times
When you get out if the city, there's alot of Dumb Driving.
Here are some things you can always count on.
Pull out and cross 2 lanes,change lanes without turn signal,turn without turn signal,slower traffic always rides in the left lane(backwards),don't pass the car next to you cause it might let traffic by, after slowing for any reason take 3 minutes before accelerating,when possible eat,text or talk on cell phone, and by all means if anyone honks or says anything about your bad driving,Flip them the bird!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 PM

180 posts, read 621,622 times
OMG Don't visit Campbell County ( LaFollette, Jacksboro,and Caryville). We have the worst drivers in the State here. I swear I have been cut off 6 times in a 2 block radius and almost rear ended by a cop on his cell phone ( and I was going 11 miles over the speed limit)!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 PM

149 posts, read 411,911 times
The rudest are on the highways with the out-of-state plates, for the most part. I really want to have a sign that I can hold out the window that says, "Bless your heart, we don't do that in Tennessee. Please be sweet." [/quote]

Hahahaha I've actually thought about doing that before.

And the whole 45 in parking lots, 45 in the fast lane of a 70 mph interstate thing KILLS ME. That and people that ride RIGHT next to each other and block both lanes and the people that take forever to turn. Honestly, East TN has some of the worst driving I've ever seen. It's not that the drivers are aggressive, they just dont know how to drive. In the Tri-Cities they don't ever even teach you how to parallel park.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Drivers in ETN have made me aggressive. I don't put up with the "I'm going to ride right beside this person for six miles!"

I push their ***** out the way.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Drivers in ETN have made me aggressive. I don't put up with the "I'm going to ride right beside this person for six miles!"

C'mon now. You know I love ya, but that's not very Tennessean. You all need to calm down and take your time. If you need to get there you should have left earlier. If you didn't, then take a deep breath, put the radio on and relax. Nothing is worth causing an accident or worse, being rude.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Sorry, hik, but this is where we must differ. Maybe it's because I live in an even worse part of the state for driving than you? (Not traffic-wise, but road rules wise.) I simply refuse to go fifteen miles under the speed limit all the way down the 11-E while Glenda May and Bobby Jimbo drive side by side. (I'm an ETN native so I can say that and not get in trouble. )

A lot of the time it's eventually because the person is wanting to make a left turn (... eventually.) This goes back to Tennessean drivers' inability to merge well. I stay in the right lane (unless I'm passing) until a few moments before I need to make a left turn, unless traffic is incredibly heavy. But a lot of drivers here needing to make a left turn onto State of Franklin off Market will get in the left lane at Walmart or worse, in Jonesborough.

My parents do it too. Drives me nuts.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Sorry, hik, but this is where we must differ. Maybe it's because I live in an even worse part of the state for driving than you? (Not traffic-wise, but road rules wise.) I simply refuse to go fifteen miles under the speed limit all the way down the 11-E while Glenda May and Bobby Jimbo drive side by side. (I'm an ETN native so I can say that and not get in trouble. )

A lot of the time it's eventually because the person is wanting to make a left turn (... eventually.) This goes back to Tennessean drivers' inability to merge well. I stay in the right lane (unless I'm passing) until a few moments before I need to make a left turn, unless traffic is incredibly heavy. But a lot of drivers here needing to make a left turn onto State of Franklin off Market will get in the left lane at Walmart or worse, in Jonesborough.

My parents do it too. Drives me nuts.
Ummm. I might do that, too. I'm afraid that if I don't get into that lane something bad will happen and I will miss the exit. Maybe I really am a Tennessean? I can't drive in snow, either.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 PM

49 posts, read 228,499 times
Quote:

You could just pass them in the right lane like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville