Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,781,619 times

Advertisements

Martin Mill is very undeveloped for its proximity to downtown. My bet is that this property is being sold to be broken up and developed.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 PM

389 posts, read 1,075,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Sold View Post
Arctic,

I will say this isn't the typical standard or availability. 2000 sq ft, with additional mobile home, and 9 acres for under $100,000 is an oddity. Martin Mill Pike is definitely a thoroughfare, i.e. a road used to connect opposite ends of town. Busy? Not too much. Being on 9 acres I'm sure will lessen the impact of traffic as well. As mentioned, every home typically does have a story. The tax history looks randomly odd/short for a 50+ year home. It also appears the cooling is serviced from wall units, has public water, and is on septic. Definitely marketed as an investment property. Are you looking for personal residence? If so, it may take some pretty good elbow grease and dinero to get into shape. It may need a bulldozer, or some good renovating.
Honestly, I'm not looking for a major fixer-upper. I don't mind SOME elbow grease, but I'm looking for something that I can actually move IN to when I buy it. Keep in mind that I won't be buying until I move into the area (I'm putting my transfer in in the spring of next year but FSM knows how long it'll take to get the transfer approved). The transfer could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a year, depending on how slowly our HR people move and whether or not there's an opening.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I AM also looking for property, if I can. I don't think I'll be able to buy a nice piece of land (5+ acres) initially with a house on it in my budget ($120K is the MAX I think I can spend because my income is around 35K/yr, don't have any debt and have decent credit). I don't want to overextend myself so I AM content buying a house in a neighborhood, so long as it is a decent neighborhood. What I definitely can't have is something that needs to be torn down.

Perhaps I could DM you and/or give you a call when it's convenient for you? It would be nice to get in touch with a real estate agent in the area well in advance to talk about what I can potentially get for the amount of money that I'm willing to spend.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:02 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Arctic, Good luck on your property search. Since this is moving off topic of Martin Mill Pike the thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: