Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 AM

6 posts, read 7,377 times

Advertisements

We are looking to adopt/purchase a second dog and are looking for a small breed that does not shed (mini dachshund, yorkie or yorkie mix, shih tzu/maltese mix, morkie, etc). We have a 5 yr old female Lab mix (spayed) now and would like to add to our family. We have been looking at the classifieds at knoxnews.com and a little on craigslist. Having a picture of the puppy would help tremendously and as much info about the puppy as possible. Any suggestions of other places to search or of any reputable breeders around? How about rescue groups?

We are fairly new to Knoxville and live out near the Fountain City area. We enjoy reading this forum and in fact referred to it quite a bit before we moved here. It was very informative so that is why I thought I would post about our puppy search.

Thanks ahead of time for any help................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 AM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,902 times
Start with Small Breed Rescue of East Tennessee.
Small Breed Rescue of East Tennessee
And check with the Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley in Bearden on Kingston Pike. I got my youngest cat there.
HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEY
And there's a good collection of breed specific rescue links here:
http://www.bordercollierescuetn.com/links1.php#canine
There's a booklet/leaflet that I've picked up at my vet's that has photos from the different rescue groups and information about what type of dogs they have. It's also included in MetroPulse from time to time. There are a lot of rescue groups around that provide foster care.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 07-06-2009 at 02:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville